Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Hi All.
After 5 months in Italy last winter, I don't want to wrack up the same milage this year, just find a pretty place, or area, to put my feet up and chill for 3-4 months. Prefer free sites, without too many restaurants/bars, I like both mountains and beach so any recommendations helpful.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Unless you either move about a little or use wilding spots I don't see you getting a long term site for free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Can camp anywhere you like on this island. And much better weather than Spain mainland

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Which Island is that Yorick?

Edit
Ah, Lanzarote, I guess, a bit further than I've planned.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If distance is not a problem, I commend Rota, where all facilities are to hand including toilets and bar by a real sandy beach. Peak summer months cost a couple of euro, otherwise it is free. Please do not tell anybody.
Rota is north of Cadiz and the Aire is on the northern boundary.:)
Another free place in Galicia this time is Foz

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
I have done the north west in 2016 on the way to Portugal, I'm heading for the north east enitially, I wild camp most of the time so will move around a bit and probably go further than intended if I don't find the right spot. Any ideas for the north east appreciated.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have done the north west in 2016 on the way to Portugal, I'm heading for the north east enitially, I wild camp most of the time so will move around a bit and probably go further than intended if I don't find the right spot. Any ideas for the north east appreciated.
I think you are now contradicting your post title and the first post where you implied first time in Spain and wanted to stay put.
As @hilldweller says, just read @Northernraider ’s post, lots of ideas there.

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Well you got me there! But it was only that little bit up the top. I started reading a couple of replies on that thread but need to apply myself and follow the whole thing through, which I will do tonight.
Regarding my staying in one place....even if it was exceptional! I will probably get "ants in my pants" for what's around the corner.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I must be dim as I have not been able to find the 'post'. Is it a thread or in resources. A pointer will be very helpful for me :oops:
Not dim at all, it’s just that a lot of us have been following the thread for a long time! Be warned it’s now over 300 pages but Tam has posted loads of info about wild camping spots travelling from Uk around Spain and latterly Portugal over last winter and this spring and summer, all accompanied by maps and photos.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/tam-jade-and-frankys-european-adventure.167315/

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
By the time I Finnish that thread I'll be back home, it's a book. But thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.