Free Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ongar essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuild
Exp
4th year
We are just back from France , Normandy and Brittany this was our first trip on the continent in our new ,
( last year) MH, . We took the ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe , stayed in Cukmere Inn car park the night before, which I would highly recommend ,lovely summers evening ,walked down to the beach, then back to pub for a meal , was a great start to hol.

Must admit going to France seemed a bit daunting , but very easy after first day or so , we used a mixture of aires and sites , its so much easier to park and or just stop in a town unlike the Uk. cannot now wait until next year , we are planning Germany , I would appreciate any recommendation's on areas to head for , we are will be aiming for two weeks.

France trip , shot from my drone

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
With regards to the Germany trip go for the romantic road through Bavaria, beautiful scenery and fantastic castles the Schloss Linderhof in our opinion being the best, there are lots of stellplatz to stay on. The campercontact app being the best to use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Congratulations on the video @Ashwells. First class! Nice to have such a talented and fellow Essex person on here from just up the road. (y) (And the presentation certainly beats the usual holiday photos of a few old gits sitting outside the van :D2:D2).

Quite a professional video; worthy of a tourist presentation. Wonder if you do that for a living? Perhaps you are licenced to do it, otherwise how could you get such shots and stay within the rules?

Great post,
Thank you.
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Wow, stunning video! Amazing talent. (y)

And yes, we love how easy it is generally to find somewhere in France to pull up and park in the MH, compared with UK.

Glad you had a great trip to France!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I admire your optimism sitting at the base of a chalk cliff like that - have you not seen the massive piles of rubble below the cliffs at Dover?:)

Agreed about Bavaria - Munich is also worth a visit. Whilst you're in the south consider Bodensee (Lake Konstanz) too.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We have just been to the Black Forest in and around lake Titisee. Beautiful part of the country. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back