Free Member
May 1, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years of MHing. Many more Camping
We're off to exhibit at our first steam rally with the new van next weekend. We'll be 42 feet long with the trailer on the back... I'm quietly s***ing myself. Not about driving the van and the trailer.... Getting out of my street!
Our street has a pedestrian refuge at the end of it. The pavement either side has railings on the corner. The road I'm turning into isn't that wide.
Somehow I have to get the van and trailer around this corner. I can't swing wide. I can't hug the inside to allow for the overhang.
I'm far from a novice when it comes to towing, but this will be a baptism of fire...
Then after the show, I have to get back into my street.
I'm sure it will all be fine, but I won't know until I know!
Motorhome fun????? Oh yes indeedy! :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If the fridge is full of beer, it's a scientific fact that the steering will be easier :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Would it be possible to get the van and the trailer out separately? What I have in mind is towing the trailer out with a car, so that the total unit length is shorter, until you can park it up somewhere. Then bring the car back, take the van out on its own and hook up the trailer before proceeding on your merry way. I appreciate that this requires you to have a car with a towbar, which you may or may not have. I wish you well. Do let us know how you get on.

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
Look on the bright side, it'll get easier evrytime you do it. When we had a caravan we had issues turning into the storage yard. The first time we ended up in ditch, had to get help from a good Samaritan with a van. By the time sold it we didn't even think about it. Good luck and stay calm.

Andy

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
It,ll be fine, what's the worse that could happen ( as my wife once said as I fell off my ladder breaking my foot ).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back