First 'Tour' as a newbie (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2017
Hampshire Coast
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy
Exp
New
Having just bought our first motor home in the Autumn and having tried it out locally a couple of times, we are now bracing ourselves for our first venture a little further afield.

We intend going from the South Coast to Loch Lomond during the Easter break. I have calculated an overnight stop somewhere in the Manchester region.

My questions are;
Should I run on minimal domestic water until I reach the Stopover point to save fuel?
Should I empty the water before the next leg of the journey?
Can anyone recommend a good site for the Manchester/M6 vicinity?) Only me and Mrs TMFTM travelling)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I think the general consensus is that if it meant to be empty - Empty it and if it is meant to be full - Fill it. If you can guarantee there will be water at your destination and you wont need water along the route then empty, but a point to remember, how much will 100 ish Kg really make to you fuel efficiency? I generally travel as the general consensus just in case and it is usually the toilet that dictates when we really need to stop. If you are only going to stop for an over night, try the BritStop scheme. Cheaper than a site in Easter and if you eat out anyway, use the pub you stop at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back