Free Member
Apr 22, 2015
Gainsborough
Funster No
MH
American
Exp
October 2013
Hello to all. We've only just started motorhoming and have jumped in at the deep end so to speak. After much looking around one day for our starter motorhome we ended up coming home with an old american RV - affectionately named by the adolescent kids as the "Rolling Turd" - anyone ever seen the film RV??? Needs a little tlc and has been mistaken by the locals as a mobile library, but we are slowly getting through the teething stage of troubleshooting lots of little jobs. Still got the obstacle of "work" for a few more years yet, but hopefully planning lots of touring soon. We spent lots of years motorcycle touring (pre kids) and lots of caravanning (with kids) and now its just the two of us motorhoming!
Maybe see some other Motorhomefunners soon!!

Tim and Deb

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Tim & Deb :welc:I'm sure you'll see plenty of us MH funsters about on your travels:clap2:

Mew & Mick

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Hello there look forward to seeing/hearing about the progress with the van :)

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi

Welcome to the forum from a fellow RVer, sure you will have many questions, and experiences to post that we can look forward too

Happy RVing.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Hello Tim and Deb. I've also been a caravanner when kids were small & thought it a perfect way to holiday and weekend with kids where you often want a base rather than travel about. They loved it and have loads of happy memories. It takes some getting used to having the new found freedom of a motorhome and having had ours for just a short time I feel I'm still getting used to how much easier it is. Apart from occasionally having to get the levelling blocks out and plug in the electric you just rock up and your all set up. :) In our limited experience we have found that so long as there is a place to store things securely (and get into the discipline of putting them away when you are finished with them) you are always ready to move within a few minutes of checking everything - that's the best bit as you don't have to spending ages packing away camp.:D Maybe you will have room and payload to take the motorbike too :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back