Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Hi

My family and I get our first motorhome tomorrow. We have caravaned previously and also had a static caravan for a number of years. We are very excited and looking forward to getting to different places after having the static for a while.

We have 2 girls who are 9 and 6 and they can't wait! I am little apprehensive about how well the logistics of it will work with the children, but we will take our bikes wherever we go to get around! Interested to here how other young families find motorhoming.

Now off to find a site for our first trip over the half term :thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, and welcome to the fun site. I'm sure you will enjoy your first trip, it's a new learning experience but you'll find plenty of help on here- just ask!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Denzil and Family
welcome to the site anything can be answered on here, so don't worry you will be fine in a MH as you have had a caravan previously, unlike us we were complete beginners 3 years ago, but picked it up on the go. Pete n Lynn :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi denzil WELCOME to MH Fun

Don't worry they will probably take to it like a duck to water. When our daughter was young we were caravanner's, I found the best thing to do is give them something to be responsible for in our case to make sure we had water, so they become part of the experience doesn't matter what, even if it does not matter, make them think it does. Also little girls like to play house what better to play in than a motorhome.

Hope all goes well

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
welcome to the great family of funsters Denzil,

loads of funsters have kids, young and not so young, and they all have a whale of a time at the funsters meets so im sure you will get loads of advise.

luckily all ours have slung their hook so theres just the two of us:thumb:::bigsmile:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi n welcome, we have been motorhoming for 3 years now after caravaning for 17years

if you really want a motorhoming experiance, take your daughter's and several friends away for a birthday party weekend:Doh:, you'll be taking valium for years to come:cry:

I would have to say motorhoming is easier than tugging and you soon learn to organise yourself, and so don't miss the car

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi welcome to m/h fun make sure you make good use of it we have just gone back to a caravan I found we were just not making full use of the m/h it wont do it any good standing around for weeks on end you must take the van on a short run every couple of weeks in the winter months so as the oil will get around the engine also never leave the handbrake on you could lock the brake shoes to the drums dont leave in gear chock the rear wheels we missed the car to much every time we went away the wife had to drive her car double the fuel bill we could have towed the car with the m/h not allowed in the outside lane towing 60 miles a hour if permitted we found we have much more room in the caravan when you put a fullsize awning on double the room if we take the grandchildren with us we put a tall bedroom annexe on the side I would rather sleep outside with the grandson whatever the weather we were lucky enough to sell the m/h without to much of a loss to us we made enought on the sale of the m/h to buy a new caravan' just 3 year car' motor mover' new awning' we had kept the aquarolls and all the other bits and bobs from our previous caravan one of the sites we use regularly we go away friday to monday leave the van on site £1.50 per night £6.00 for the 4 nights only 1.50 hours drive away so we can get to use the van over the winter months that way we can use it to the full good luck Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back