First timer, please be gentle (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Pick up new ( to us) 2016 MH next week. DIY novice and practical knowledge zero - don't know how a wheelbarrow works!!-so expect plenty of silly questions. Hired a couple of MH's wayback, now retired and decided to see more of the UK and Europe rather than swapping sunbeds around the world.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_0598.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Welcome, there is a whole habit forming new world awaiting you outside of Manchester.

OP
OP
On the road again
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Thanks everyone.
I keep reading all the advice/opinions but, as we have not yet taken possession of the MH, ( next Tues) I get more confused/worried by the post!
Live practise could be interesting :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We will be joining you soon. Took the plunge and booked a month's hol starting on the 12th from P/mouth to Caen and then..................????
You only have holidays if you work, now you are retired these trips are just part of the daily slog.

Enjoy.

Martin

OP
OP
On the road again
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Freudian slip Martin. the earlier mornings on 'holiday' are a killer (along with the later nights)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Across to St-Nazaire work your way slowly to LA ROCHELLE . anywhere in France you will enjoy .Lots to see and easy to change your mind above all Enjoy lol.

OP
OP
On the road again
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Cheers treetops. Some years ago we had a week in St Georges de Didonne, just south of La Rochelle, when we hired a MH for a month. The decision was not to go where we had been before but I am sorely tempted and, if it's changed, we just roll along. We prefer sites with a village /town within. walking distance so am researching along those lines. St Georges was good for that, just 3/4 mile along the beach

OP
OP
On the road again
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Just back from our first trip, 2402 miles door to door via France and Spain and back to Manchester in 30 nights.What a learning curve.
Too many miles we know but we wanted to meet friends touring northern Spain so had a couple of long days. Coming back from Haro, capital of the Rioja region was the longest trip by a distance (see what I did there?) 334 miles but we had a great time.
The list of items needed has lengthened, water carrier for those sites where water outlets are few and far between, groundsheet for the awning, better hose pipe, tensioners for the awning etc etc............
The ACSI card was well worth it, the MH itself, a Bessacarr 442 2.3 litre engine was much more economical than we expected, 16 pence per mile, 30. 2 miles per gallon ( I love a spreadsheet) and was easier to drive than I remember from hiring a MH some years ago.
We met some great people who were all happy to advise us of the best practises, the best sites and the ways to save a few bob so thanks to all.
Just planning September's trip :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back