First timer, bought sight unseen from ebay! (1 Viewer)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
post some pic's up buddy:thumb:
i love working on motorhomes,but mine is boring as iv fixed it all:thumb:
the carver ll does not normaly leak,the cylinder part of is bolted to the main body by one long bolt,as happened to mine at a rally,this bolt corroded inside the unit and snaped off,looseing all the water,check this to ensure its ok but do not try tightning it up more as you risk snapping it off.:Eeek:
i just wished i lived closer as i would gladly help you sort it:thumb:
keep us updated:thumb:

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks that was good advice about not doing the nut up more, of course I didn't follow it and snapped the tie rod grrrr.

Ordered a replacement heater, then once that is all working I may fix the old one then sell it on ebay. It's a shame cause it worked perfectly and the tank was clean as a whistle. I may just sell it for parts after I get the new one in and working okay.

All the wiring is now fixed, 240v system was a complete mess, exposed ends of cables and all sorts of horrors.

Main job next is to get the seats recovered locally hopefully, plus I need to clean the mattress in the overcab bed somehow, anyone got any tips?

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Update!

Sorry, I know it has been a while but it has been winter and I haven't had the impetus to do much.

Sorted out alll the wiring faux pas in the van, took much of it back to the battery bay and figured it out from scratch, after many hours with the multimeter I now have everything working. Fitted a buffer thingy for the hot water. Resprayed the cab last year and took it on a 1500 mile round trip at christmas. my new seat covers look great, fitted new carpet. Figured the porta pottie out and filled it to test it after christmas.

After a blow out on christmas eve and lots of misfiring on the return journey I had a mechanic sort out a few bits and bobs. mainly replacing points and other electrical bits.

Now it runs a treat, bodged the leaking exhaust manifold pipes which I presume run to some sort of emmissions control. Used some gun gum exhaust bandage to just bind over the pin holes where the pipe was blowing and that seems to be working ok for now.

So yesterday I was looking and wondering what I could do next, decided to paint over the blue stripes to make it look a bit less 'busy' I am sure there are some pics of it before on here somewhere and soon as i get the chance I'll post some afters.

Enjoying it so far, it is a bit of an old girl but it is doing pretty well considering her age!!

I am trying to decide whether its worth changing the cam belt, or even if it has a cam belt. Done 48000 miles according to the speedo and no history so it might be on the original belt. Probably not worth the cost if it is more than a few hundred. I would get more sticking it back on ebay, the prices on there are a horror story come the spring.

Has anyone else on here got a mitsubishi l300 based camper of any sort?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back