First time visit to Germany. (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
We are heading there in May !! driving to Dover from Dundee then to Dunkirk, there for six / seven weeks !!
Visiting several countries/cities that we both want to see, missing Amsterdam ) been there got the T shirt) going cross country stopping En route heading for Hamburg, Keil, then into Denmark, stopping at Kolding and onto Copenhagen, over to Sweden for a week back to Denmark, ferry from Gedser to Rostock, Berlin, Warsaw, Prague back to Germany doing some of the romantic road then a visit Dresden ,Nuremburg then a canny drive into Luxemburg, Belgium. back to Dunkirk and then a slow 21 day trip back home stopping at a couple of "Funster" rallies at Chester & Hartlepool.
We have done a few of the countries in the past with the Honda Golding club and in transit to Croatia so we are looking forward to our trip.
Only 59 days to go !!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Take earplugs for 'The Rhine, long freight trains ALL NIGHT!

We stayed in a hotel in Boppard a few years ago and you're right about the freight trains, but in between the trains, we were serenaded by a wonderful chorus of nightingales.

sinner

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 765
Exp
since 2011
Aye and so am I, read earlier posts, although I have a mission in Belgium first. The DFDS Newcastle to Hamburg route is not operational, I think !

So I was illustrating my rough costings. I have a similar voyage to do to get there but boats are off the agenda for us.

Depends on where in Germany OP wants to go, he is looking for ideas and I was suggesting what I am doing, the Romantischer Strasse.

My cheapie Chinese sat nav is now preprogrammed, Calais, Ypres, Geraardsberg, Waterloo, Luxemburg, Metz, Trier, Koblenz, Wurzburg. Wing it from there to Fussen, Lake Constanz then it will depend on what time I have left, may have to make a rapid retreat !!

:)

When you going moody? I am doing almost the exact same trip end of June :))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
When you going

Setting off on Sat 2nd May, stopping with sis o/night York, then Chunnel Sun evening 3rd, back on 20th ish, I'll leave some beer for you and won't dig up all the golf courses. Just having a look round our conquests, score is 2 - 0 but economically we are the ones bust ! We decided May would suit us, before it can get a bit warm.

Three days rain and you may find us in Southern Italy o_O Get enough of that here ! ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back