First time trip in a Motorhome summer 2011 (1 Viewer)

orinocho

Free Member
Feb 14, 2011
lancs
Funster No
MH
"Don't own one yet"
Exp
"Don't own one yet"
Hi,

We have hired a motorhome to tour Italy for 2 weeks. Although we are seasoned canvass campers and have spent many trips in and around the Vendee, this is our first motorhome trip. I would appreciate any help on suggested routes, and stopovers, campsites for a 2 week tour.
We have a mix of ages from 14 upto 84 but we would all love to explore Rome as part of the tour.

Cheers

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhomefun, Rome is a wonderful city to visit and there is a good site just a 20min metro ride, if you get a Acsi card and you are there outside the main tourist season you will get it for 14 euro's a night it is called
Flaminio Village and details are at
info@villageflaminio.com I am sure someone else will be along with some more information soon.:welcomefunster: it is also a Camping Cheque site.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have hired a motorhome to tour Italy for 2 weeks.
Cheers

Two weeks is not long, where does the two week hire start from ?

But it is an excellent plan, just a bit on the short side. I'll bet your next trip last longer.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we head the same way in july/august,(just a rough guide to what we do) we set off the night before and get to dover and kip on marine parade, jump on the morning ferry and we drive into germany, we normally stop just north of stuttgart here it does take about 6-7 hrs from calais but you are pushed for time:winky:
from there we normally head to the tyrol region of austria and spend some time there.
leaving the tyrol region we will head towards garda i think it takes around 3-4 hrs last year we stayed Link Removed and it was a good site there is also a sosta just down the road which is more or less on the lake and cheap.
we headed to venice after there then on to croatia, this year we are carrying on through italy to tuscany so we intend to visit pisa florence and head to the coast nothing is set in stone as yet,
i think you will be pushing it for time with only 2 weeks and i think you will have to do some long haul driving. if you have a tomtom i would be happy to email poi's for stellplatz for germany and sostas for italy. enjoy your trip::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back