First time on CCC site.....WTF (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Suspect there is an element of luck involved but...

Out time as members of the CC was full of nasty commandants who would have been more at home with a brown shirt and a Mosley rally

Sites were very pretty but vastly over priced and over regimented..

Diametrically opposite is how we have found the C & C C sites...
Yet reading others posts it seems many C & C C sites are as bad as those we were unfortunate enough to have stayed at whilst with the C C

As I said.. suspect there is a bit of luck involved but should we ever suffer the nastiness we had at the mouths of C C commandants from a C & C C warden then we shall do the same as we did with the C C and vote with our feet and wallets !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I'm a member of the CC and never had any problems but if I did my retort would be "Do I have to remind you that I am the customer". My belief is that the customer might not be right but the customer is the customer. If asked to move just say very so politely "no" and closed your door, theres not much they can do is there. :thumb:

Be very careful if you wish to remain a member

I was blackballed for 'complaining too vociferously' .. and that was just over an exchange of emails and conversations over them sending me upwards of 5 or 6 spam mails from them EVERY DAY !!!

A close relative also received a letter warning that should they get any further reports of his bad behaviour he would be ejected from the club .. His crime ? After setting up precisely where told, a 2nd brown shirt ( I rather like that :winky: ) came along and told him he had to move.. When told he was precisely where the first man had told him to park, the Mosley recruit proceeded to lecture my relative about talking back to an official of the C C club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is actually some doubt as to the relatives hereditary as he seems to have come from a different gene pool to the rest of us Smiths.. If it ha been me or mine the guy would have ended up calling the police on me !

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Having read all these posts I am glad that I have only used CL's !.
They are cheaper and often in better locations than club sites.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I've never had a problem with either clubs even though I've been a member of both since around 2003 we have never used a club site they all seem way over priced and regimental, and in some area's it would be cheaper to use a local B&B, don't like being told where why or when I can pitch, and I have little patience with idiots so maybe it's best I stick to CL / CS sites where we have never really had any problems.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
never had a prob with cc&c but cc now they are a different breed and im sure its because we are in motorhomes best way to deal with em is to tell em to piss off as soon as they start their s**t it normally works they just go pic on someone else :Smile:

Reactions: Aji

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hawes

Picture this .Mid afternoon in November , wind was blow blowing rain is roar roaring down , it had been snowing , i walked into the CC site office in Hawes and told the lady we are in a motorhome and asked for a pitch , ::bigsmile::
OH .:Eeek: .The lady says " have you booked ? ". No says i , then she started giving me a lecture on you must book etc you cannot just turn up etc etc ,
So i look at the site plan on the wall and ask if they are full , even though i can see there are hardly any pitches being used ,
No but that is not the point , go find a pitch then come back and tell me the number then go back and park . So i do then she finds out we have a continental door so we get the parking lecture ... car caravan awning etc , etc ..
It was obvious Motorhome were not welcome ...:Sad:

We moved onto the auction market parking area the next day .. and cancelled our CC membership , they sent us the standard why you leaving us email so i told them because you are not motorhome friendly , i did not get any reply .....:Doh:

We joined the CC&C instead and mostly go to the local club meetings and have had some great times with the Motor Caravaners Section . :thumb:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Having read all these posts I am glad that I have only used CL's !.
They are cheaper and often in better locations than club sites.:Smile:

Same here...I don't think I could trust myself after reading all these posts....In the words of Shaun Ryder, "Your twisting me melon man"

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Been using C&CC club sites for over 3 years and have never had a serious problem with the staff. A few could have benefited from a happy pill or two.

And price-wise, for 1 person + 'van, they tend to be cheaper than most CS's I've stayed at, particularly outside the summer months.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
C & C or C.C&C

We are members of both clubs and over the years like most other members have found that site were the warden thinks he`s another Adolf.
Best thing you can do is when they want you to do something that you don`t feel is right or necessary is just ask WHY.

Obviously you have to park correctly as per the rules, keep music volume down and keep the doggie on a lead, after that as long as you are sensible all should be fine.

Read in an earlier post that you have to reverse on to your pitch, that`s rubbish and not a club rule at all, if the warden says it`s because of the habitation door opening he`s telling porkies, clearly wouldn`t work with foreign built motorhome and caravans anyway.
One warden told me it was because if a caravan went on fire they could hook it up to a tractor and tow it off the site.

I asked him who in their right mind would hook a burning caravan up to a tractor and then tow is blazing away through a campsite:Doh:

Generally most wardens these days are pleasant out going people, the rules are just there to be used like a tool box if needed.
It's to tow others away from the fire

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The only annoying experience I have had was on a CCClub site on Skye and a similarly petty officious warden who asked me to move about 3 inches as my slideouts were just over the grass.
Shortly after we watched the same guy after he had seen some folk pitch a large tent ask them to move it a foot to one side.
The friendly club :RollEyes:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Touch wood, we've never had any issues on C&CC sites, although we've only stayed on a handful.
We have experienced similar 'service' on some CAMC club sites but I've just humoured them but must admit, some did p'me off at the time as it was as if they've judged me before I've even said or done something.
I'd review them on the club's website for that site and let others decide with their feet/future bookings.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We have never had any issues on either of the clubs sites. However phil always says they do love to give the spiel in the office when he’s booking us in to which he always listens but we really don’t need to hear it as we have done this a lot, however I’m sure it’s necessary for newbies. Ok one instance the warden asked us to move the motorhome back 10 inches even though we where fully on the pitch and not overhanging onto the road as the caravan folk could have difficulty getting around the corner our pitch looked on. I declined as this would have had branch’s rubbing on the rear of the motorhome and we where within the pitch markings.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have always found C&CC sites fine with friendly wardens. Just been to Cornwall and the Sennen Cove staff were terrific. I joined CC for one year but after the first trip (Cherry Hinton again) I never went to any of their sites again. I found an anonymous note put on the van while we were out saying we were inconsiderate noisy campers since we were up and about early (8 am), which we felt was not justified. We were there for a business meeting and had clearly upset the miserable old tugger nearby. It's a club for caravanners still.

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
We rarely holiday in the UK so have not really experienced the regimented performances mentioned. In complete contrast (pre Covid) we turned up at our favourite mountain campsite in the French Chartreuse region without booking, which we have done for several years. We were met by the site owner who immediately asked if we had booked as he could not remember seeing our names on his wallchart. We said no as usually no problems, to which he apologised and said they were full! He said they had vacancies in a couple of days and he would get the details of an alternative, the local municipal site, from the office. He returned with the address and phone number of the nearby municipal site and additionally a bottle of wine by way of an apology for being full! We were happy to stay at the municipal and then return a couple of days later. We have found in general that French campsites tend to welcome you as friends/guests as opposed to being merely a business transaction.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
We rarely holiday in the UK so have not really experienced the regimented performances mentioned. In complete contrast (pre Covid) we turned up at our favourite mountain campsite in the French Chartreuse region without booking, which we have done for several years. We were met by the site owner who immediately asked if we had booked as he could not remember seeing our names on his wallchart. We said no as usually no problems, to which he apologised and said they were full! He said they had vacancies in a couple of days and he would get the details of an alternative, the local municipal site, from the office. He returned with the address and phone number of the nearby municipal site and additionally a bottle of wine by way of an apology for being full! We were happy to stay at the municipal and then return a couple of days later. We have found in general that French campsites tend to welcome you as friends/guests as opposed to being merely a business transaction.
Haven't ever had any issues with UK sites. Variable with French Sites, varying from friendly to the un helpfull Gallic Shrug. Rose tinted glasses perhaps?

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Rose tinted perhaps, as I mentioned we have not had bad experiences in the UK. The French position outlined above was a singular occasion but a friendly greeting has been had across most of our European and Balkan camping experiences.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I can't stand motorists who leave their engines running when not actually going anywhere...

JJ :cool:
However if hot A/C doesn't work if engine off.
Rose tinted perhaps, as I mentioned we have not had bad experiences in the UK. The French position outlined above was a singular occasion but a friendly greeting has been had across most of our European and Balkan camping experiences.
A bottle or two of wine has assisted us through many a little 'Napoleon' controlled lock in France over the years, clearly a common working currency. Seems to be one way though having never received one!

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000

Deleted User
The rules are for the benifit of all members, never had a problem.
Try staying on a site with no rules and see how you feel.
As for wild camping, how did that go last year in some of the country's most beautiful locations.
Rules are in place because there's always someone who thinks they don't apply to them and consequently ruin other members time away.
This forum is littered with funsters complaints about other campers unreasonable behaviour.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Doesn't Fiat advise you to keep the engine idling after a long run? Is it something about cooling the catalytic converter or something like that?

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Doesn't Fiat advise you to keep the engine idling after a long run? Is it something about cooling the catalytic converter or something like that?
Thats for a minute or so after running at high tevs to allow the oil to circulate, otherwise stop/start wouldn't work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back