First Solo Trip, off to Delamere (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I am packed and ready for my first solo trip in the van. Just got to put the bikes on in the morning then I'm off to Delamere Forest for a couple of nights before moving to The Wirral to meet Colin.

A tad nervous and apprehensive about driving the van (a lefty) by myself but have put it off long enough, it's got to be done.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Good luck for tomorrow, I am sure you will be fine, hope weather is kind for you, and enjoy, after the first time I bet there will no be stopping you.:thumb::thumb:

Margaret

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I am sure you will be fine, just take your time. And have fun
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I made it!:rollonfloor:

Not too many dramas, just a huge lorry pulling in too soon after overtaking me, he wasn't even half way past me before he started to come over :Eeek: then the sat nav packed up about 5 miles from the site:Doh: dodgy charging cable.

Sites nice, a tad noisy from the busy road but lovely location for walking.

So all in all quite pleased with my first solo adventure so far...... Apart from putting the bikes in the rack, what sort of contorted, blurry jigsaw puzzle of a job is that? Took me well over an hour to get them on. Three Rachel straps and half a dozen bungee ropes and those bikes are well and truly on!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad: Darn it.... I was at Delamere today with a friend and walking round the now opened part of the forest. Only just seen your thread ... would have been lovely for you to join us .. we then went for late lunch at Lady Heyes and you could have joined us there too:Sad::Sad: .. Nice gentle recupe walk and lovely weather. Well done you on your first solo drive.

(Pssst watch out for the bogey men through the middle of the night though.:RollEyes:)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
:Sad: Darn it.... I was at Delamere today with a friend and walking round the now opened part of the forest. Only just seen your thread ... would have been lovely for you to join us .. we then went for late lunch at Lady Heyes and you could have joined us there too:Sad::Sad: .. Nice gentle recupe walk and lovely weather. Well done you on your first solo drive.

(Pssst watch out for the bogey men through the middle of the night though.:RollEyes:)

Bogey men:Eeek::Eeek: what do you mean Bogey men?? Nobody said anything about bogey men. Mind you I can believe it, after a walk along the shore of Blakemere Moss at dusk, a bit spooky with all those dead headless trees at the waters edge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 33

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Delamere should see you right for your stated interests of running, cycling, and walking if the weather's OK. I reckon the best cycling's to be had round the western end.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
And it rained and it rained and it rained!

I have sorted out my car tax, sorted our my incorrect PAYP tax code, eaten a packet of chocolate biscuits, updated the Fix it Meet thread, now what? :Doh:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
What a difference a day makes!

Up early to a frosty sunny morning, a lovely run through the forest followed by a sausage sarni. Time to pack up and head to the Wirral.
The photo shows how busy the mere was this morning, a real water birds paradise, the noise was amazing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 31

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yep. . . and if there is a beautiful sunset in summer then the birds coming home to roost swooping down over the lake to the forrest is an amazing sight ... and as you say ... NOISY....:Smile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Lady Hayes - Frodsham

After a couple of peaceful, if somewhat damp days at
Delamere Forest, then another couple of days on the CC site in the
Wirral country park I have arrived for the weekend at Lady Hayes and it's rammed, or due to be.

When leaving the CC site this morning, it felt like everyone was watching, I felt really self conscious as I went though the packing up routine - sorted the van out, remembered the ehu cable, put the levellers away, silver screens away, drive to and reversed over the grey waste dump, did the cassette. Then cool as cucumber and feeling very pleased with myself drove around the site to the exit with the rear locker door open, trainers, chocks and all sorts falling out!! :Doh::Doh: the shame of it :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back