Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not sure if you're still in Brittany, but wherever you are; hopefully you're enjoying Coffee and Croissants breakfast and looking forward to another great day ahead. Best of luck and happy travels. (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm hoping to bump into some fellow funsters on my travels ( I'll be sure to wave and say hello),

Happy travels all

Your best chance at this time of year is heading towards Benidorm, a good few FUNsters will be wintering along that coast and for a good reason, weather.

It will all be worth it when you look at the Med basking in the sunshine.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Have a great adventure Bridget and hopefully we will meet you on the road somewhere warm and dry. We are making our way across France as I type (just past Rouen) heading for Spain.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you all! Ferry was too calm (only time I get sea sick!) So hastily got something to eat. Rather than ponder the un-ponderable, I decided to have a side salad with my soup ensuring a large portion of carrots! Glad to report that I did not see them again!!! I've not made it very far really as the weather in Brittany and the Vendee has been fantastic
Stayed on aire behind the dunes last night having spent the afternoon sunbathing. Just before it got dark discovered I had no electrics. Played the 'which fuse' game with my trusty torch and 15 minutes later... voila! After an early morning walk across the beach and a paddle set Chinese sat nav for La Rochelle. "OUT OF POSSIBLE RANGE" it says hmm, now what? Oh, it had decided that the default is a pedestrian and no amount of sweet talking will convince it that I'm really not a pedestrian, I am a 4 tonne motorhome! Being technologically challenged I tried the one repair I do know-switch it off and on again. Nada! Oh well., after much searching found the factory reset and... yahoo! It says however that is not possible to get to the aire I programmed in and essentially if I proceed then on my own head be it........so... I'm doing it anyway! :)
@Armytwowheels , I'm sure you're much further south than me by now but hope to meet up with you somewhere.
Depending on where van takes me I might be able to call in to Frankie before crossing the border :)
Happy travels anyone on the road

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Arrived at the La Rochelle aire nearest town and found cars parked in motorhome reserved spaces. Was all a little tight and claustrophobic so decided to move on. Am at La Palmyre, fabulous aire beside the beach in a pine forest. Excellent cycling and walking tho it is a bit like a ghost town out of season. There is a carrefour contact that is open on walking distance and I have found a restaurant open. Plucked up the courage to go in on my own for a meal (well, I do have my dog Buffy with me!). Had moules and a small carafe of wine so feeling slightly tipsy now! Yay, I'm on holiday!!! :)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Have a great trip Bridget maybe see you in Spain sometime hope Buffy is keeping you company happy travels Rod & Mar

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi @marrod23 . Are you on the road too Rod and Mar or are you already in Spain? Buffy has been great- attracts the attention of children when we're parked up so that breaks the ice. You know what she's like for attention!
Hope to catch up with you both :)

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi @marrod23 . Are you on the road too Rod and Mar or are you already in Spain? Buffy has been great- attracts the attention of children when we're parked up so that breaks the ice. You know what she's like for attention!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Glad things are mostly going well! :)

Does your satnav know you are in France? On my Garmin I have to select the country first. Somewhere on here there is a user manual for the Chinese satnav but perhaps someone who knows it can advise if you need to change country and how to do it.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thanks @DBK . Yes, it new I was in France before I did! Think it just had a mad moment and I probably accidentally touched something I shouldn't have.
I've enjoyed having a non-driving day but am ready to move on so will see what happens tomorrow.
Don't know what my motorhome neighbours do but they're running the engine again just like they did at 7:30 this morning - must have knackered leisure battery!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi no we leave 9th Dec going Portsmouth /Bilbao so you will have a suntan by then he! he! Happy travels Rod & Mar

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Can't believe where the time has gone! So, after my little gas smelling problem, posting on the forum and being in touch with Frankie, I headed off to Parc Verger for the experience of Colin (Armytwowheels) and Ken (Munchie).
Whilst here, Buffy and I spent some time walking the Voie Verte which is only a couple of minutes from the site.
20151107_084228 Voie Verte Champagnac-la-Riviere.jpg

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Don't know what happened to the image but it uploaded ok prior to posting reply and before battery on laptop died! I had a very humbling visit to the Martyrs Village at Oradour-sur-Glane. Unbelievably the village is exactly the same as it was on the day of the massacre on 10th June 1944. It was a very moving experience particularly hearing some of the names on the roll call of those who had died that day. It's not the sort of place where you think "ooh, I really enjoyed that" but I am extremely glad I went and the memory of it will always be with me. There is a fantastic Aire here with toilets and washing up area along with a built-in type bbq in the grassy area.
20151106_133923 Aire Oradour-sur-Glane toilets and wash up area.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if your trip is going well, keep the updates going.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi Bridget agree about Orourdor very moving especially the cemetary stayed on that aire very nice are you heading to Spain ? happy travels Rod & Mar

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi Rod & Mar, yes I'm setting off for Spain today.
Currently at Gruissan after eventually getting into La Maison de l'Ange - house that a couple bought and when the were hacking back the render in a downstairs room discovered an Angel carved out of wood embedded into the wall. There are many tales associated with this. Anyway, I've been at Quatre Vents Aire and last night it really lived up to it's name-plenty of rocking and rolling going on!
I shall miss you this trip as I'm heading back end of November but think I might just have to pop over again after the end of January!:) Hope all 3 of you are well?
Just about to pack up and move on now.
Happy travels everyone :)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Bridget

Where are you in Spain??
in Calpe at the moment?

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi Eve, I'm at Stop Go Peniscola after driving nearly 400 miles yesterday. Will be moving on today and have just been looking at where to go. It's only down the road but I liked the look of the place at Oropesa del Mar (Acsi 2533). Where in Calpe are you?

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Bridget
I am at Mediterranean camper and camping It in the town itself 1 min from Aldi 5 min from beach,Armytwowheels is also here.
If you fancy coming it would be nice to have some company ,let me know can give you co.ords as there are two M / H stops within 500 mts
Not many solo,s around,so thought I would try something a bit more towny it has all the amenities ,very clean,but it is parking,.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Bridget

That's some driving from Gruisson ,???
Let me know if you are coming and will go down see if they will save a space pretty packed.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
How long will you be staying there Eve? I was just going to do a short bimble today but may make it your way for the weekend if you there still?

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Bridget
Looked on the map you are a fair way up, I stayed at Benicassim at Bonterra park,hot swimming pool there,,then Kikopark ,which was lovely but except for good morning that was it,and expensive .
Moved on mainly for a bit of company!
I have been here since Wednesday,it's now Sunday cannot promise I will stay another week,mind you if I stay for 15 days goes down to 10 euro,s, ha ha!!!
Any way if you don,t make it before I leave,I will keep in touch there's a chance we will meet up some where as I move slower than you.
I should be catching up,on washing and stuff as it has everything here,but being lazy,. Keep in touch.Eve

I noticed you plan to go home end of November ,I am trying to stick it out until February,laying a few ghost to rest,but finding it a bit tuff,hoping to make my way over to Portugal ,but no fixed plans.
It's the solo thing that's the hardest.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
pm sent Eve with my mobile number x

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Well, I had wanted to post about my journey from Gruissan to Peniscola but last Saturday felt so inappropriate after the Paris/St Denis attacks. Whilst that still lingers, I now feel that I should be able to re-enjoy that day by posting here otherwise "they" will have won.

Have you ever had the thought that you wished your eyes could input images into a recordable device? I know we have our memory but the glorious technicolour of images fades with time. This is how I felt on my journey from Gruissan to Narbonne and then on the D6009 which changes to the D900 between la Palme and Fitou up to the border crossing at le Perthus.

I was driving along grinning like a mad woman (reality :D) and thinking WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! Every bend brought a different perspective on the previous image each and every one delicious in it's own way- oh to be able to record that, to see what my eyes had seen....the sun playfully glistening on the sea.... the shadows of trees dancing as I drove through a wooded area.... to record the joy in every part of my being to be alive! ( I wished that I had someone with me that I could share this with but I realise that their experience would have been different to mine anyway.) After snaking my way up to le Perthus, I got held up in a traffic jam... what a place to be held up! Rather than sit in the queue, there was a layby just ahead so I pulled over, put the kettle on , made lunch , let the queue do it's thing and just enjoyed the view- motorhome life to perfection!
20151114_130028.jpg

I didn't want this journey to end.....Can I go back and do it again please? :D

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Bridget

I can feel the pleasure through your words which allow me to relive my own eperiences of driving in that area. Wow, wow, wow.

Enjoy Clive

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Eve, I'm at Stop Go Peniscola after driving nearly 400 miles yesterday. Will be moving on today and have just been looking at where to go. It's only down the road but I liked the look of the place at Oropesa del Mar (Acsi 2533). Where in Calpe are you?

Dear me Bridget , you've done quite a few miles in one go!!!! Sorry I didn't follow your venture these last few days, my thoughts were going to Paris...

Anyway , you seem to really enjoy every second! Good for you... You certainly deserve a real good time!
Safe travels my friend!

Affectueusement

Frankie:);)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back