First service/first registration (1 Viewer)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have a six month old motorhome (Peugeot). First registered in July 2017. On the dash it shows as time for first service. Contacted local Peugeot garage who say that their system comes up with vehicle being 12 months old and registered in January 2017.
Now I presume that this must relate to when the base vehicle was manufactured. What is the situation regarding its 12 month first service? (n)

Wyn

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I've same (Bailey 79-4 on a Peugeot) and the 1st service is due after 2 years or XXXX miles (according to the van manual) , but mine has just come up with "Change Oil" , apparently it detects contaminated oil ?? how it does it I haven't got a clue , I've got it booked in for hab service and engine service anyway early March. Both are costing £360 which I don't think is excessive

But it's not right saying 2 year service intervals and then this alarm comes up on the dash in less than a year.

I've done 7000 miles since last April

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have a six month old motorhome (Peugeot). First registered in July 2017. On the dash it shows as time for first service. Contacted local Peugeot garage who say that their system comes up with vehicle being 12 months old and registered in January 2017.
Now I presume that this must relate to when the base vehicle was manufactured. What is the situation regarding its 12 month first service? (n)

Wyn
If they are saying it states "registered January 2017" that is nothing to do with when the base was manufactured. Registered is when it is on the dvla system & has a number allocated to it. You need to sort it out before you might need an warranty problems.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Registered to either of those dates should show up on the reg plate
January 2017 should be 66 reg
July 2017 should be 17 reg
Which does your show

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Registered to either of those dates should show up on the reg plate
January 2017 should be 66 reg
July 2017 should be 17 reg
Which does your show
It is BX17 ***. I registered it to obtain the licence plate and put it on the road. This seems at odds with the servicing schedule though, presumably because of the date the base vehicle was manufactured. So should I get it serviced now, six months after buying it new or drive round with the "Change Oil" warning going until I've had it a year?

Wyn

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I think the "Change Oil" warning with the flashing red oil can on the dash when you start up (this is what I have) is not a service light. I believe it is a monitor of the condition of the oil and a warning to change the oil.
Have been looking on internet and it has been on a few sites and seems to be something to do with new vans (not motorhomes only) once it has been change (oil and filter only) the system is reset and then it seems to be ok
Not sure if is to do with the engine being new and this is prematurely damaging the oil in some way ??
Worth getting oil and filter change around £100 Will very annoyed if it alarms again after this 1st oil change

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
As above if it's saying change oil with the oil can warning light it's possible it's not a service reminder
Our 16 plated peugeot service light is a yellow spanner symbol
I'd get it checked maybe under warranty as the oil should still be OK so maybe contaminated

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
It's not a service reminder. Euro 5+ and 6 Sevel vans have an oil degradation counter in software that calculates the condition of the oil based on criteria monitored by the ECU. It does not actually measure the condition of the oil (which would require an on-board laboratory) but makes a software calculation based on mileage, driving conditions, number of cold starts and DPF regenerations etc. Oil suffers from fuel dilution and particle contamination as a result of particulate filter regeneration. The lamp is telling you that you need to get an oil change, which includes resetting the oil change and degradation counters in software. If you ignore it, it will eventually go into limp mode.

There seem to have been a few instances of the message appearing on low mileage vehicles due to a faulty sensor, but either way it's under warrant I assume, so best to get it in to the dealer for a check.

Deleted User
Not sure how long it takes to go into lip mode, however, my light came on whilst I was in Denmark (12k miles since previous oil change) and I was able to drive back to the UK without a problem so would suggest no need to panic just get it seen to as soon as possible, I would not ignore it until the fixed service time has elapsed. I would go back to my dealer and ask what is going on, as, unless you have done high mileage, something isn't quite right

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp

Hopefully the link above works , if it not ,, youtube "peugoet boxer oil change reset"

This will show you how to reset the alarm (common fault) and how many miles you have left on your oil change

Hope it helps ,, I'll be doing this tomorrow on mine

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Contacted local Peugeot garage who say that their system comes up with vehicle being 12 months old and registered in January 2017.
Your V5 has the actual date of registration printed on it, not just the year.
Visit the Peugeot garage with the V5 to hand and ask them where they get their dates from.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back