• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED First motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
We're looking for our first van.
Have a maximum budget of £22000.
Ideal van for us is a Hymer b694.
A class transverse rear bed over garage. Drop down front bed.
Can I ask all you Funsters to keep your eyes open for us.
I can only find one at the minute but can't quite reach an agreeable price with the seller
Thanks in advance.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
If you don't mind traveling
Or for a different approach try mobile.de website

A few there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tom A
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Looked on there and there's a lot for sale at good money.
Not in a mad rush so hoping to get something a bit nearer home.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I suspect most Hymer owners aren't too flexible on price. A well loved van will always sell for top dollar.
They're always in demand and if you want a specific layout, chances are you'll be waiting for one to come up for sale, they're simply not readily available.
Bargains do occasionally happen, mostly when an owner needs to sell quickly.

When we sold our last Hymer privately, biggest headache was people telling me how much they wanted to pay - and them not understanding that it's actually a sellers market.
( I got very close to asking price, purchaser hasn't lost a penny and could easily sell for same money today, a year on)

I agree that a few of the used Hymers currently for sale appear expensive, but many of them are selling quickly which suggests that the prices being asked are achievable...

Unless the asking price is way out of line with similar vans, think you might need to reconsider your offer, or wait for another suitable candidate, which if your set on a Hymer, might take a while....
On the plus side, buy wisely and you've got an investment that should depreciate very slowly, or even go up in price !

Finally, think you need to be willing to travel anywhere, chances of finding the right van, at the right price, local to home are very slim !

Good luck with it, hope this helps !

*edit*
Just looked at the van at Beck's motorhomes, think that's a very fair price if the van's in good order. Can't imagine a private sale being that much cheaper tbh

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm amazed by hearing you say it's a buyers market when I'm seeing unsold vans all over the place at exorbitant prices. admittedly I'm looking at a lower price bracket but nothing appears to be selling and yet nobody is dropping prices. I wonder if perhaps it is because people are telling them its a sellers market.

Of course I always have a price in mind when I start haggling and if I can't have what I want at that price I walk away. No hard feelings.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Good quality continental vans never hang around.
One of my favourite pastimes is adding vans to my ebay watchlist and seeing how quickly they sell !
Although will admit that I don't follow British built vans as they simply don't appeal to me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back