First Motorhome Timer (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Free Member
Jan 13, 2018
Funster No
Next year I'll be retiring and I've always wanted to hire a motorhome and tour Europe, I want to hire one in Spain (I'm from Gibraltar) spend about a month touring and then drop off back in Spain, could you recommend any good hire company's.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Motorhome Fun, touring in a Motorhome is a wonderful way to spend your retirement of hopefully some of members living in Spain may be able to help @gus-lopez or @jumartoo any ideas.
:welcomesign:

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Next year I'll be retiring and I've always wanted to hire a motorhome and tour Europe, I want to hire one in Spain (I'm from Gibraltar) spend about a month touring and then drop off back in Spain, could you recommend any good hire company's.
:hiya2:
I’m sure that others will join me in saying that a month is not long to tour Europe! You could easily spend that in a couple of French Departments.
Try and narrow down an area you particularly want to explore. It’s not much fun driving everyday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gibbo

Free Member
Jan 13, 2018
Funster No
:hiya2:
I’m sure that others will join me in saying that a month is not long to tour Europe! You could easily spend that in a couple of French Departments.
Try and narrow down an area you particularly want to explore. It’s not much fun driving everyday.

Actually I'm not sure which countries to visit but I was thinking of starting from Spain then France, Switzerland, Germany, Holand then returning via Belgium, France then Spain.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Sorry I don't know anything about hiring motorhomes, having owned one for decades.

There's a temptation to look at the map and notice the big towns and cities, but these can be more easily visited later, by train or fly/drive. A motorhome is no advantage in London, Paris or Berlin, especially if it's hired.

To take advantage of a limited time in a hired motorhome, I would look to your special interests and build the trip round that. Nature reserves, national parks, castles, steam trains, archaeology, mountains, forests and lakes - places easier to visit in a motorhome than from a city hotel.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gibbo

Free Member
Jan 13, 2018
Funster No
Sorry I don't know anything about hiring motorhomes, having owned one for decades.

There's a temptation to look at the map and notice the big towns and cities, but these can be more easily visited later, by train or fly/drive. A motorhome is no advantage in London, Paris or Berlin, especially if it's hired.

To take advantage of a limited time in a hired motorhome, I would look to your special interests and build the trip round that. Nature reserves, national parks, castles, steam trains, archaeology, mountains, forests and lakes - places easier to visit in a motorhome than from a city hotel.

Noted thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Suggest the OP contacts Ray via desertdetours website, based in the Malaga area.

He should know of any MH hire companies close to Gibraltar. He has lived and run his tour company from that area for many years. In fact, it's possible that some of his overseas clients may have hired vans.

Some hire companies operate a buy and buy-back system which might be cheaper if contemplating a trip lasting longer than a month.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back