hoggan1971

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
getting so excited about our holidays and scared aswell.ive been caravanning for a few years but this will be a challenge but hopefully a good one and me and my family will love and be the first of many.
:thumb:
for the last 8 months now ive been busy converting.a mercedes atego 7.5ton truck in to a motorhome,im now in the final stages and its in for a full respray and bodykit.
my plans are head of around the 15 july travel down to berny riveira(2hours from calais)
then down to beziers on to barcelona ,almeria,gibraltar, algarve,
sevilla,madrid,and andora then finish off at disneyland paris 4 weeks later(can you park up there)?
is there any one with info? that you think may help, either routes to go ?campsites to go to?. i have all the books but first hand advice is allways best.
any good places to wild camp on route,as we are keen to do .
the costa is a lot of traveling but never been that way before.france gibraltar and algarve i have visited and lived there.
if there is any advice or info it would be most appreciated.
thanks
keith +sharon:helpsos:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
4 weeks, you must be joking, you will not have time to see owt. Its too far to do anything but burn fuel all day. Its slow going in a big truck. But good luck to you if thats the kind of trip you want.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
welcom to the world of truck campers . i agree with roger .stay in france enjoy the trip but forget racing around .stay off the tolls and stick with the n roads .there is lots to see in france .
its along way down to gib following the coast .i do it every year .its possible in the time given but it would be like driving for work not pleasure.
stay in france look at the dordogne or some thing .keep spain for another time .
use the aires ,buy the book in france ,use ind. est as well. lots of places to see.
if you do go to spain get the cepsa spain and portugal map book .it as lots of little beaches not on normal maps.
have lots fun i,m sure you will drive safely .
cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have to agree with the last two posts we did roughly this trip a couple of years ago and we took 3 months and still did not linger long anywhere, depends what you want, but if the weather is good do you really want to spend it driving around in the van.
Sounds a great van you have got yourself there whatever you decide to do enjoy, the continent is you oyster. ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi keith +sharon and welcome :thumb: any pics of your build ? we like pics :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back