First motorhome outing help please... (1 Viewer)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've been given strict guidelines to what my wife would like from our first UK outing in our motorhome...

1. She would prefer a hedged pitch (Likes a bit of privacy)
2. Good walks (For us & the dog)
3. Heated Swimming Pool (Inside or out but heated)
4. Somewhere nice to eat & have drink within walking distance.
5. Pictureque
6. The Sun ;) if possible (No definitely not the newspaper)

I thought I'd ask here first and utilise your experience before trawling through loads of sites looking for the right one. Distance isn't an object as I love driving and we are quite central in The Wirral.

Thanks in advance,

Antony

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hedged pitch??

privacy??

I really have no idea, cant ever recall staying on any site with individually hedged pitches, so I could give you a list of where not to go, but that's little use

Hopefully others will know different

Good luck with the sun as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Old Brick Kiln, Norfolk - CL section of the site has privacy hedges, nice dog walks; bar and food on site......

automedon

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Huddersfield West Yorks.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter convers
Exp
3 yrs
Try Naburn Lock 8 miles out of York, lovely couple (and Mom) run the site (Peter & Kath) very much dog lovers. They don't have a swimming pool unless you want to swim in the nearby river, plenty of fish and boats but damn cold. they have the added bonus of An Adults Only section which can be a blessing at times. Oh, nearly forgot to mention, you pass the huge Design Centre on your way to Naburn which is a shopping haven for ladies.
Superb dog walking site plus a pub just 15 mins walk away that has a Doggie Bar so what more could you ask for?
We have been going there for the past 4 yrs. usually our first outing after the winter layup which gives us the opportunity to see that all is well with our 'Liverpool Girl' (the Merc.conversion) before we head off to France for a few weeks.
Go On line (Naburn Lock Caravan Park.com) and view the site or tel. them on 01904 728697 happy motoring.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hillhead Caravan Club Site near Brixham fulfils most of the brief, I think :)
We were there last September and loved it.

Link Removed

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Try Naburn Lock 8 miles out of York, lovely couple (and Mom) run the site (Peter & Kath) very much dog lovers. They don't have a swimming pool unless you want to swim in the nearby river, plenty of fish and boats but damn cold. they have the added bonus of An Adults Only section which can be a blessing at times. Oh, nearly forgot to mention, you pass the huge Design Centre on your way to Naburn which is a shopping haven for ladies.
Superb dog walking site plus a pub just 15 mins walk away that has a Doggie Bar so what more could you ask for?
We have been going there for the past 4 yrs. usually our first outing after the winter layup which gives us the opportunity to see that all is well with our 'Liverpool Girl' (the Merc.conversion) before we head off to France for a few weeks.
Go On line (Naburn Lock Caravan Park.com) and view the site or tel. them on 01904 728697 happy motoring.

One of my favourite sites, even got a water bus into York at weekends,

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
Try Callow top at Ashbourne, it has everything you want apart from the guarantee of the Sun - you'll have to take your chances on that

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Another with hedged pitches is Searles at Hunstanton

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
:clap:Agree with the Naburn suggestions, our favourite site too. They've got a planning application going through the process to allow them to open all year round which will be great for Christmas markets

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Take half a dozen of these with you in a trailer and you could go anywhere you like:

Broken Link Removed

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Take half a dozen of these with you in a trailer and you could go anywhere you like:

Broken Link Removed

Ahah! That explains post number #8 in this thread
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back