First Motorhome...! Hopefully!! (1 Viewer)

KWatson

Free Member
Oct 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Hi all,

Just an introduction but we are keen to get our first motorhome, we have two young daughters (4 and 1) and think it would be great to get away on a weekend and in school holidays and show them the UK and beyond. It has always been a dream of ours to get one and now is the time take the plunge.

We are actually hiring one in a couple of weeks just to confirm that we can manage the kids ok (1 year old in particular) as we were going to wait a couple of years but want to get started.

Our preference is for a rear lounge and over cab bed arrangement as we feel this would suit us best as well as the rear lounge being a safe place for our 1 year old to sleep until she can go 'up top'!

Our budget is around £30k so I know we will have to go used, 4 berth, 4 belted seats and we have seen a couple of Elddis Autoquest 145's which seem to fit the bill although we are in the north east and the bulk are a long way south!

I would be interested if anyone could suggest any other models from experience and also give some opinions on the Elddis motorhomes.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to building knowledge via the forum.

Karl

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome, we too have just bought our first used motorhome:D 5 berth, with 4 seatbelts as we have already taken one of the grandkids, aged 10 years, we chose over cab bed, as is great storage when just me and hubby, are away, have dinette which becomes a double ( check that an adult can fit on it) then we have a long sofa which can widen to make the 5th bed, suits our needs( for the budget we had), hymer camp 546....some have drop down bed in other hymer models, good luck enjoy your search?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:hiya2: and :welcome4: Good luck with your motorhome search. I’m sure you’ll all love motorhome life, especially the children.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Why not have a look at bunk bed Plus overcab layout? Safe for the kids, don’t have to make beds up every night and great for storage when travelling.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
w2f
I used to have a Swift 686. Rear lounge, dining area with seat belts and overhead cab. Should be in your price range.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

Download Jim's excellent publication about Buying a Motorhome from the resources section. Should give you plenty to think about.

Several larger dealers in the North-East for you to visit and have a look in real time what is about. But leave your credit card at home!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back