Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi folks,

Our first MOT is due, ours not the vans, so what's needed please?

Is it like the car one?

Can we take it to the same place as the car?

Does it cost thr same?

Cheers for any help,

Andy

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
M o t

just had ours in for mot today autofix in Washington it passed so we looking forward to another great year

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well first you tell loopy loo to get undressed, and I'll be right in:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh you mean its the first time YOU have taken it in, hee hee. Its the same MOT as a car so any garage that can take the weight and yes the cost is the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
all motorhomes are class IV....even 7500kg+ American RV's...which is the same as a car and can be MOT's at any MOT station with a suitable weight rated lift and large enough access/head room.

the cost is the same as a car...currently around £54 full price but many offer a discounted price around £33 to £38.
tell them what length/weight/height it is when booking so they can say if they can fit it in or not.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, the first time I got ours done my local garage said they couldn't accommodate it because they didn't have the space. They told me where to get it done. I was running late on the day because the place could not be found in the street I had been told. I lster found that the street had been closed off and divided in two! Anyway, when I eventually found it they took one look and said they would not be able to raise it on ramp as their roof clearance was not high enough. All this after being given the siaz of vehicle (quite small, as motorhomes go) 6mt long x 3 mt high. So test cancelled and had to find another garage to book with. :Sad:

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Ous is on a Fiat, so Jen rang the Fiat dealer, who told her they couldn't accommodate the height and (politely LOL) told her exactly where to go - so that's what we did !

If they can't MOT the things how the hell do they repair em?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back