First Insurance (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Looking to take out Insurance for the first time on a Swift Rhythm, new van so I am expecting to pay for full comp, 70 years old and been driving for 50 years. No claims
ANY TIPS?

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Looking to take out Insurance for the first time on a Swift Rhythm, new van so I am expecting to pay for full comp, 70 years old and been driving for 50 years. No claims
ANY TIPS?
You mite find it useful to read my post in Moho Chat,,, "Acc/brkdn cover in Europe. You think you're covered?"

Rite at this moment we couldn't recommend the ins co we're with,?!!!

Best regards, James & Angie,,, from dunear in Narfuk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
safeguard, comfort or NFU will normally mirror the NCD on your car

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
ANY TIPS?

Try Saga direct online. I used them for my first MH policy and received a very favorable quote.

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
After a lot of searching, we got the best deal from Comfort

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
My best deal was with safeguard first year and camping and caravan club ever since ..

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We are with caravan guard, been with them for the three years we have had this van from new, happy with the coverage we get,

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
So did we. Best quote by quite a margin on comparison sites. They mirror main vehicle NCB but don't accept SIM Trackers and do ask for a lot of information!

The more info' they have, the better they are able to tailor the policy to one's individual circumstances i.m.o. (y)

JT1

Free Member
Jan 29, 2017
England
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
2 weeks!
The more info' they have, the better they are able to tailor the policy to one's individual circumstances i.m.o. (y)

Agreed but this was after the quote had been produced(n)
Needed to produce Driving Licence numbers and codes to check them (similar to hiring a car); mileage declaration form (similar to classic car insurance); Thatcham certificate; Tracker proof; as well as the usual stuff - NCB, Club Membership, all after the premium had been calculated.
I got the impression the quote was a starting point and the premium would go up (it did as they didn't like my SIM Tracker) or down, dependent on the responses to the above. Although the price increased they were still miles ahead of anyone else on price and the service so far has been really good.(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Comfort alway come up best for us, they have a net policy so NCD doesn't matter. Unless you live in a high risk postcode (Dorset probably not) expect to pay around £250. Comfort require an Alarm or Tracker if the van is over 40k or a tracker if over £75k.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back