LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi All

Got the globesat i bought from Dave fitted today and after playing about with it for 5 mins max had a great pic the only channel i dont seem to get is five is there a reason for this.

Dint think it would be that easy to get a signal didnt even have to use a sat finder maybe beginers luck.

Gerry

Derek and Mary

Free Member
Apr 9, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
if you got a sky card they dont transmit 5 thats why i got a freesat box £30 from argos basic but gets all normal channels and lots of films

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi All

Got the globesat i bought from Dave fitted today and after playing about with it for 5 mins max had a great pic the only channel i dont seem to get is five is there a reason for this.

Dint think it would be that easy to get a signal didnt even have to use a sat finder maybe beginers luck.

Gerry

The free to air (no card requird) version of FIVE is on frequency 10773 h 22 5/6 - the same frequency as BBC2. So if you are getting BBC2 you should also be getting the free to air version of Five also (you may have to rescan this frequency into your receiver)

if you got a sky card they dont transmit 5

The Sky card version of Five is on 12422 h 27.5 2/3

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

Thanks for the replys. I am getting bbc2 but when i check the channel list no channel 5 was there had fiver and others but they had a £ sign next to them so i assumed they were pay per view ones.

Anyway if i can get bbc 2 how do i change so i can get 5 also or instead of as watch more 5 than 2 as im into all the csi stuff.

Cheers Gerry.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
From my limited sat experience, try a rescan as once we got ours set up the first time, 2 hours twiddling the dish, SWMBO wittering about trees, moved away from the 'don't be silly that trees not in the way' tree and up and running within minutes, well Polish I think sat but read instructions, slight turn left and astra2 and UK channels, but I think we we're down 5 and something else (SWMBO again) so rescan and all good:thumb:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi

Thanks for the replys. I am getting bbc2 but when i check the channel list no channel 5 was there had fiver and others but they had a £ sign next to them so i assumed they were pay per view ones.

Anyway if i can get bbc 2 how do i change so i can get 5 also or instead of as watch more 5 than 2 as im into all the csi stuff.

Cheers Gerry.

There is one version of Five that you do not ned a card for.
3 other regional version of Five, and Fiver Five USA and timeshifts require a minimum of a sky freesatfromsky card..or a sky subscription card. These are the channels that yu will be getting the $ / £ sign next to - as they are encrypted.

If you are getting BBC2 then you will get the free to air version of Five.
So all you have to do it, using the installation menu on your receiver, scan the frequency 10773 h 22 5/6. It will see several BBC regional variations and FIVE.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back