First Funsters' Meet at Quinta Majay, Portugal (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The question "Will coachbuilts through the Eucalyptus trees?" has been answered!

Yes.

Doug and Sandra drove their Swift Suntor 630G right through with the wing mirrors out and thus became the very first visitors to Quinta Majay and we are now having the very Funsters' meet!

JJ

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
That looks a little tight, breath in. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great meet
Pat

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Congratulations JJ. I hope they are the first of many:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Yes, JJ you'll have to let us know where youre little piece of heaven is.

Regards Pat

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Gosh JJ that has to be a record, attending a meet at Shepton Mallet UK yesterday. and now hosting your own at Quinta Majay, Portugal today, amazing stuff!!

Great meeting you JJ , did look for you yesterday before you left for home with my bubbles but alas I had to suffer n drink without ya :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great time !

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Come on JJ spill the beans. Where is this haven and when is the meet.

Down in Southern Spain in a few weeks and I like my little trips into Portugal.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there all...

apxc15... the closest village is Pinheiro Bordalo. (Central Portugal) I will have a Google Map prepared soon. The meet is a rolling one... if you arrive and there are other Funsters here the meet starts, if you are on your own you will have a real "solo" meet... :)

JJ

PS. Before you can receive your Google Map you have to pass the laws of Quinta Majay...

Law One. No Manchester United fans allowed.

Law Two. See Law One.

Law Three. See Law Two

etc...

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Hi there all...

apxc15... the closest village is Pinheiro Bordalo. (Central Portugal) I will have a Google Map prepared soon. The meet is a rolling one... if you arrive and there are other Funsters here the meet starts, if you are on your own you will have a real "solo" meet... :)

JJ

PS. Before you can receive your Google Map you have to pass the laws of Quinta Majay...

Law Two. See Law One.

Law Three. See Law Two

etc...

cheers jj,,,,,,looks like a no boner for me and the yank tank then........:cry:
but on the other hand ..i can always bring a bulldozer and some united fans to widen it for you......::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I didn't think it was possible but you have done it Smudger!!!

You've found a use for Man U fans (other than having them pour petrol in their cars and helping pay the wages of the City boys...)

:) (0-2, 1-0, 0-1, 4-2.) (Solve this puzzle and win a free year's stay on Quinta Majay.)

JJ

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hi there all...

JJ

Law Two. See Law One.

Law Three. See Law Two

etc...
How about Arsenal fans, and what's the weather like in January ?..:thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

You've found a use for Man U fans (other than having them pour petrol in their cars and helping pay the wages of the City boys...)

:) (0-2, 1-0, 0-1, 4-2.) (Solve this puzzle and win a free year's stay on Quinta Majay.)

JJ

I think I can obey the rules with relative ease. In fact if I find myself in the company of Man U "fans" I usually make my excuses and leave.
Could the puzzle be a reference to Manchester City?
Co-ordinates for TomTom would be handy and would I get a 7'6" wide Hymer in there OK?

Pete:Cool:

PS Whoops just looked at the Pic's and you have a Hymer in there, that'll teach me to be more observant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Steve4kay... Arsenal fans are welcome... the Gunners play beautiful football and have a manager who has taught us loads about professionalism etc. (They also let us beat them now and again!) In January the weather is changeable and not as reliably sunny as the Allgarve but is always nicer and warmer than the UK.

Thanks for your kind comments Haleylulu... I found you one of the nicest Scum fans I have ever met and Martin was great fun too :)

All potential visitors should give me possible dates of visits... exact location will not be published for the whole world to see or we might be inundated with undesireables (or Morris Dancers)

APX (I've forgotten your exact avatar and if I go back to check I'll lose the whole post (again)) we will have to have a prime location for all the Hymers away from the ordinary folk and closest to the tastiest grapes, pears and cherries....

Smudger... I'm looking for anywhere nearby for your Palace!!! ;-)

Yes Dodgey... that's my dream machine!

www.wagonman2000.blogspot.com has more pics...

JJ

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

JJ
looks to me to be the scores of the last 4 games, maybe a new team, manager, and club name would solve it, hee hee

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Roger... you are right but I think you might have failed to notice they are all glorious victories for the beautiful boys in blue from Eastlands...

JJ

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
JJ, My camera's removeable memory has gon on the blink, this means I have lost the foto's of us in Qinta Majay, Can I have a copy of what you took please. Use my e-mail please.

We are now in Olhao waiting to meet up with Jorge tomorrow and take him for some suckling pig!!!!

Are keeping the exit secret??

I with be on Skype from time to time.

Doug and Sandra.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Will put it on my to do list Doug...

No secret about the exit problem... see the post "Quinta Majay... easy on difficult off"...

JJ

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Now you are a man after my own heart. I lived within the sound of the roar of Main Road & saw 2 cup finals in the 1950's unfortunately we lost one but second time was GOOD.:shout:

We plan to be in Portugal at some point in the winter & would love to come & see your place. So if you have room for an 'OLD' City fan lets know where you are.
Keith

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Keithand Jean... you will (as are all Funsters) be welcome to visit Quinta Majay.

In your case Keith I will lay on special entertainment as I have a few dvds featuring our many triumphs over the Salford lot and also the whole of the cup slaughter of Leicester City (how well I remember Neal's goal.) I didn't start watching them until Johnny Crossan became captain so you predate me... respect! (as the youth say)

You should know it is not a "campsite"... it doesn't have any facilities except peace and quiet... and Dougcumiskey had to towed back up the track by my Hymer as his front wheel drive couldn't grip on the track on the way out. Obviously I will have to think of something there.

I will be in the area from Nov 6 until Nov 26(ish) and then back again after Christmas which I plan to spend in the Allgarve as usual...

JJ

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I can't believe no one else made the football connection with the puzzle so ok Not the complete answer so just send me the ticket and fuel vouchers for a few weeks stay, hee hee hee hee hee. It was great to meet you at Shepton, I do hope your health has improved, can't have been Cheynes Chuckin pot as you missed it. I have started the Carmarthen list for next April look forward to adding your name.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back