First Ducato 2 year servic (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2018
Funster No
Hi everyone,I have just been quoted by Fiat professional garage £206 for first first service on Ducato motorhome with 3000 miles on the clock, this didn't seam a bad price. They also offered an engine flush and fuel treatment for £23 extra. I don't know anything about this treatment so would like your help and advice please. Thank-you in advance.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Hello Alymar, That is a good price, we paid knocking on £300 two years ago for the same service.

Regards

Roger

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Neither do I, but you should ask the garage exactly what’s on offer and what’s the point of it. You don’t get much in a garage for £23 do you !! The basic service cost is reasonable,but there isn’t much for them to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
The engine and fuel flush although not expensive are pointless. The engine flush is essentially half a litre of paraffin that dilutes the oil to displace any crud from the engine internals but at 3000mls there shouldn’t be any.
Same for the fuel as a can of solvent is used to clean the injection system and again at that mileage should be perfect.
I wouldn’t use either on any of my vehicles as they also have the potential to cause more problems especially at big miles as it can loosen years of grime that then could cause blockages and extra expense.
Regular servicing is all that is required and if needed these products would be a part of the manufacturers service schedule

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi everyone,I have just been quoted by Fiat professional garage £206 for first first service on Ducato motorhome with 3000 miles on the clock, this didn't seam a bad price. They also offered an engine flush and fuel treatment for £23 extra. I don't know anything about this treatment so would like your help and advice please. Thank-you in advance.

That doesn’t sound like a 2 year / 30,000 miles service, more like a minor one.

Most Fiat Dealerships I’ve asked about a 2 year service have been in excess of £360.

Deleted User
Ask for a software update at the same time if there's one available, it should be free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back