First day of pass sanitaire required in France (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Sounds like it might be a problem with the Scottish code then? In which case you should be able to just show them the paper certificate? 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davesmiff

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Farsley, Leeds
Funster No
MH
Eldds Aautoquest
Exp
since 2006
We have been here in France for a week now we have not got the French app sanitaire ? We have been in many bars and restaurants. And just use our English NHS QR code. Simply go onto your NHS app fetch up both your QR codes and screenshot them. They last 30 days. The bars have an App on their phones which they just scan. If you show them the first one it will be checked it if you show them the second one it validates. Really simple
Good luck with your holidays

Jul 30, 2013
Normanton, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010@
Thanks for that info. We’re spending 14 days in France then hopefully cross into Italy without having to isolate for 5 days. Well that’s the plan 😀

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
Furthermore are we even allowed entry to France with our paper certificate.?
We entered France on 1 August just showed our paper cert from NHS it’s easier than the app so should be no problem. I need to work out how to get to app sanitaire now

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
Otherwise if you present your paper certificate over here I think you should be ok. Anyone else got any feedback for irnbru ?
I showed our paper copy at a bar/restaurant the other day to be fair it was out in the sticks and she didn’t seem overly interested. I haven’t tried it in more urban situations yet but we are keeping away from the crowds anyway.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Spitfire reported that his friends from Scotland had a bit of problem getting their Scottish Covid certificates accepted at the Tunnel
But they did let them in after a bit if oui or non ! Also ate at a restaurant today and as we were talking to each other in English the waiter said ‘ English ‘ Covid certificate not accepted :-( But when were said we live here and it’s a french one on the app he was happy and if course it passed his validation app so who knows !
Have been in Charente for a few days and asked everywhere for the app to be scanned . Gendarmes checking according to the newspaper Charente Libre .
D03EE755-6183-4E4C-97FB-3B25C5CC5AB8.jpeg

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I tried to upload my covid health cert to the french Touseanticovid app but surprise surprise the barcode is in the wrong format so the app wont accept it.
I did notice the NHS app had changed slightly the covid-19 pass. I used this latest NHS covid-19 pass which now has a date limit. Mine did get accepted by the French Tous anticovid app. But I will have to re-do it before we leave for France as it expires in 30 days I think.

Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
Does anyone know what the rules are for under 18yr olds? in France. Are they allowed to go to places that require proof of Double vaccination in adults?
Thanks

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Does anyone know what the rules are for under 18yr olds? in France. Are they allowed to go to places that require proof of Double vaccination in adults?
Thanks
Currently yes children 12-17 are exempt from needing a Pass Sanitaire up until the end of August. From 1st September its unclear as France are vaccinating children 12-17 but we are not so no idea how that might be addressed (or not)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
irnbru have you had any further info? The issue is the Scottish system does not supply a QR code - I think yours was generic. The French system is based on recognition of QR code. Lots in press at weekend saying Scots at disadvantage but I think that suits NS as she doesn’t want us travelling. Looks like I could well be flying to Poland or Germany (!) for an Erasmus meeting as the UK won’t accept people with 2 different vaccines and Germany have done AZ/Moderna combo.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I applied sending my Scottish paper vacc record and the other docs requested as detailed in a post I put up last week. I have received my qr code and loaded it into the French app. My wife Is still waiting on her email with the qr code.

Aug 23, 2012
Newburgh
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
8 yr
The U.K. nhs certificate doesn’t have a qr code on only a bar code, that’s why we can’t scan it on. Will just have to show the paperwork when going anywhere, I’ve had mine translated into french so hopefully be ok

MikeMex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2008
We arrived in France on the 16th August, via Portsmouth to Caen ferry. We live in Scotland and are both fully vaccinated and both have Scottish vaccination COVID certificates. No problems at all at Portsmouth check-in or at Ouistreham (Caen). If fact it was probably the quickest we have ever been through Ouistreham…and no customs at all!

It would appear that the ‘code’ on the left hand side of the Scottish certificate is a ‘Data Matrix Code’ and not a QR code. Why Scotland has to be so different to England and Wales when the whole world is in this terrible COVID situation together. I always thought Scotland was part of the UK and with such things as COVID all UK regions should work very closely together. On another note, the NHS COVID-19 App didn’t accept a Scottish postcode..crazy! Apparently the England/Wales QR code can be scanned into the ‘TousAntiCovid’ App, but please don’t quote me on that!

Scotland are using a Dutch company to produce an Digital App which should be available next month. More details can be found via BBC news:-

We have been out and about just a few times for a coffee and on all occasions the café has accepted our paper Scottish certificates. One café the young waiter was getting a little frustrated as he desperately tried to scan the ‘Data Matrix code’ without success, but he did eventually serve us. We have applied (10 days ago) for the ‘Health Pass‘ with a QR code and received a confirmation email stating ‘they are very busy and please do not resend the request’.

We have a holiday home here so plenty to do on our old farm house and a bit of land to keep us out of trouble 🤔. Here is hoping that the Day-2 test in England (spending week one in England) is dropped by the 3rd week in Sept when we return, but very much doubt that.

Attachments

• 110EC43F-BF8D-46CA-A25C-4C42DB39EF46.jpeg
    110EC43F-BF8D-46CA-A25C-4C42DB39EF46.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 7

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I used my NHS covid app in Mcdonalds with no problem. There is a QR code on it and they simply scan it. There were plenty refused cheeseburgers who had to eat via the takeaway window but we were ok, well we were till we ate the Mcdonalds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back