Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I can’t say I’m a big fan of the two lanes leaving a roundabout suddenly becoming a lane at the best of times
So, second day in englandshire and we are heading to south port from the M6, I always drive in no rush so just shake my head at the eejit overtaking me when he really shouldn’t, only for a bigger eejit to try and follow him into the path of incoming traffic, realises even when I bump a wheel onto the verge I can’t help him out any more so he rams into the side of us in line with the driver door, brakes harder than me to get behind me scraping along my side as he goes then loses the front of his car
I got out expecting a boy racer to find I’m guessing a 70 year old blaming the road but denying all blame
Nothing major to stop our holiday but I assume it will cost a lot to fix, that’s another days worry tho
Now happily tucked up on a lovely wee site ( willow bank in ainsdale) and just happy we all walked away
Time for a beer and get on with enjoying it all ?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We had a shunt in a Tesco Petrol Station in Hunstanton. Guy in an E Type Jag could not wait so jumped the queue and tried to get to the pump in front of us. Only problem was that the gap was a little narrower than he thought. Didn't put him off though and he parked at the pump as if nothing had happened. The bill for the " little bit of damage " as he put it cost his insurance company nearly £3000. I hate to think how much his bonnet cost to repair and those headlights look expensive.

Hope you get it sorted without any agro and it doesn't spoil your holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Re your title
How many 1st crashes have you had, I thought you only got 1

• Funny
Reactions: GPW

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I hate to think how much his bonnet cost to repair

They are not cheap cars and bodywork will probably be quite expensive, I suspect he was either rich enough not to care or far too embarrassed to admit to caring. Shame either way for the car.

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Expensive hobbies these classic cars. But I suppose if you can afford to buy and run one then you can afford the insurance to repair them. Saying that, they are beautiful:

BBE4DDBF-A292-4AFD-AC01-492CBB01750B.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back