FirePal - New Light, Small But Powerful Fire Extinguisher (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Would one of these thingies have dealt with this?

QMJ Fire.jpg

JJ :cool:

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Just ordered 1, it is well rated elsewhere and the order process very easy. Hope non of us ever have to find out how good it is.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Speve @joka250 just checking if other suppliers of "JE50" are retailers of Firetool or other versions - if they are selling Firetool JE50 then our Fun price may not be the best deal :( although it's the pukka product.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The CE certificate may well be self certification.

For our CE certificate all we had to do was say that the product was legal to sell within the EU, could be sold in EU, EFTA and EEA countries and should it not comply it could be withdrawn from sale by customs or other official organisations. Unless the product is not legal because it needs (say) an BS mark or similar to be sold legally then most products can carry a CE mark. For ours to be legal we need traceable raw materials (done by batch number control in our case) and use by dates.

My view on having a fire extinguisher is ..it will probably get used for someone else's fire.

Ours was - fire at a BBQ when a gas bottle hadn't been connected correctly. Soon put out the fire and allowed the cylinder to be detached and sealed. No harm done.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
NCC "approval" is still the best thing he can claim for his toy then?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I suppose I shouldn't laugh. People are putting their lives at risk by believing the marketing BS about this piece of junk. :(

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Just found this thread because I am trying to decide what type of fire extinguisher to buy. Does this water mist type seem to be similar or the same technology as the firetool but larger?

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/1-litre...o7MgFbOcIYCj1ZBtQyjdeunXLVK1yOEEaApadEALw_wcB

Powder seems to be universally popular but has the significant drawback of the mess afterward. AFF foam seems better but doesn't apparently cover Class C gas fires which could be a major scource of fire in a motorhome. The water mist one says "Can be used on class A, B, C, F type fires and live electrical equipment"

Not much more expensive than the firetool but twice the volume so at the moment seems to be my preferred choice. What do you think?

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds good, but it does seem large to put somewhere as a ready use extinguisher

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
These are very effective and a good choice if you only want one extinguisher . Their usage time is good for full extinguishment , as small extinguishers can prove ineffective as they run out just before full knockdown has been achieved. They are basically using a method of firefighting that has been used on pumped units for a lot of years.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
As you will see from earlier post I ordered what I am sure is the genuine item with a funster discount. Delivered promptly and seems to be well put together. How good is it ? I hope I never find out but it is easy to securely instal and in my case I have it as a handy easy to grab from my bed item. If it just gives me a few moments grace to reach other large extinguisher I'll be happy.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've had one for several years now, bought at the Lincoln show.
Pretty sure it is for appearances only as I fully expect that if my van catches fire, I shall run the hell away - that's why I have insurance.
And as such, it's suitably small & unobtrusive.
There is the remote chance I may get to use it on someone else's fire.
:unsure:.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Never ceases to amaze me how many people do not carry a fire Extinguisher.

In the Motorhome we have 3 plus a fire blanket.
In our homes we have the same.
In our Works vans and Traveliner I have 3 (one has a built-in kind of system I know nothing about as it was a Disabled vehicle prior to my ownership)
All our cars carry one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back