Firefox toolbar link to Outlook Express (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Is it possible to put a link on Firefox toolbar/menu similar to the one in IE7/8 to go direct to Windows Mail (Vista version of Outlook Express) rather than having to go back to the desktop.

Thanks for any suggestions

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Don't know if this will help..

but try going to

Firefox- Tools- Option- Applications.- scroll down to mailto and select client in drop down menu .

I use it for Google Mail

Jim

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

Thanks for the info, I have followed it and it appears to have worked and accepted "Windows mail" as my mailto selection, but how do you access it,

I have the google toolbar which shows a envelope but if I click on that it takes me to Gmail, do you know how to access the FireFox mailto system only as said it appears to have accepted windows mail but i can't find anyway to use the FireFox mailto facility

hope that makes sense

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

Thanks for the links, I have tried both of them and some of the addons seem to be a bit of over kill for what i actually want,, does anyone know if it is possible to modify or add buttons/icon to the FireFox toolbar itself as at the moment all I have is "Most Visited" - "Getting Started" - "latest Headlines" and then the Google toolbar, and all i really want to add is a button or icon to the FireFox toolbar that will open Windows Mail (Outlook Express)

Any suggestions would be welcome

Braunston

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Braunston

I understand what you say about OTT .. as far as I know you can't modify exiting buttons I've had another search .. this one may be more than you need/want but have a look and give it a try.. if you don't like it just uninstall.

Link Removed

For stand alone clients like Outlook Express

For Stand-Alone Clients (Only for Windows)
The stand-alone program (such as outlook express or thunderbird) will open up the Compose-New-Message screen in a new system-window.
The title of article/webpage you are viewing will go in the subject line of your email.
The address/url will go in the body area of the email.
The highlighted-text will appear below the address/url.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

Thanks for all of your help, I downloaded the link you gave but then couldn't find the item :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But i have found how to do it I think, View - Toolbars - Customise then pick-up the small icon named "Mail-To This!" and drop it onto what I think is the Google Toolbar and as I had followed your earlier advice in Tools- Options - Applications - Mailto - Use Windows Mail

It seems to work fine if i click on the little blue opened envelop on the Google task-bar it opens Windows Mail

Thanks again for all your help

Hope that makes sense

Braunston

Hi Forget all the above, It seems the little blue icon is the programe that you suggested i downloaded and Lost LoL, you have to follow the above to make it work after you have downloaded it.

Thanks again Jim it works a treat

Braunston

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back