DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
On some sites, including the CCC site, I find I can not get a link to work. It shows as clickable, but clicking it does nothing.

Load the same page into Chrome or Bing and the page works fine with links clicking as expected. Is this a feature of Mozilla or have I stuffed up my privacy settings? I hope all my browsers have the same/similar with their settings.

Thanks

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I get that problem intermittently on my android tablet so not a Firefox issue in my case.
I hold the cursor down and open in a new tab and that works but I don’t know why.

Sep 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
On some sites, including the CCC site, I find I can not get a link to work. It shows as clickable, but clicking it does nothing.

Load the same page into Chrome or Bing and the page works fine with links clicking as expected. Is this a feature of Mozilla or have I stuffed up my privacy settings? I hope all my browsers have the same/similar with their settings.

Thanks
I have had a similar problem using Firefox at times. Sometimes another browser has worked, sometimes shutting down and clearing cache has helped. Seems a bit random.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

Thanks
I haven't had your problem, but maybe related: -
My corporate Laptop had to take the Firefox 92.0.1 update or be isolated from the internet :eek:
It's only my backup web browser but maybe there'll be a fix in the later release than the FF version you were on. 🤷‍♂️

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I use Firefox on my PC, phone & tablet very occasionally a link in Fun doesn't work the first time, I close the tab, click again and it works. It's only occasionally not enough to worry about.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
BBC IPlayer won't work on tablet using Firefox but works perfectly on Chrome. I've always thought it was just me ! A minor inconvenience though.

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
Should be straightforward to check if you post a link to the CCC page which includes the link to be clicked.

FF in general has been a little flakey on my laptop for the last couple of months, at least. It doesn't help that they went to a 4-week release cycle a few years ago. I find Chrome to be more stable, but I can't bring myself to use it as a default.

OP
OP
DumfriesDik

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
but I can't bring myself to use it as a default.
Yeah, I was the same, I have used Bing recently but it always feels like out of the pan into the fire. I haven't deleted FF.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Thanks
You don't say what device/computer and OS you are using.
Is this a phone, tablet, computer or laptop
windows, Mac or Linux? Version?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back