Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Yes you are correct if the TV has casting on it or The firestick allows it (for some reason some phones do not work)
I don't think you can do that through a Firestick but you can use the data to connect to the Firestick and the Firestick is connected to the TV
There are mirroring apps you can add to the Firestick that let you screen mirror from a smartphone to your television via the FS.
Is that what you need?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
There are mirroring apps you can add to the Firestick that let you screen mirror from a smartphone to your television via the FS.
Is that what you need?
I would be very interested in that (mirroring) as I could then mirror nowtv via my phone. When I tried it didn’t work and when I looked it up it says it wasn’t supported so a solution would be great.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
On my Samsung phone, there is a 'Smart View' facility. On the 4k, hold the 'home' button for 3 seconds and the screen mirroring option comes up. Click on the Fire option on the Smart View screen and they pair up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I would be very interested in that (mirroring) as I could then mirror nowtv via my phone. When I tried it didn’t work and when I looked it up it says it wasn’t supported so a solution would be great.
AirScreen is the app I use on a Firestick get it to be a screen mirroring target.
It’s handy for streaming stuff on my iPad that hasn’t an equivalent app on the Firestick.
E.g. Instagram videos.

edit: so my mirroring is for apple devices. Pete5996 posted the Firestick built in android mirror function.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back