Fire stick connection (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, in an effort to get away from the hilarious thread "do I buy it or not" I'm trying to connect a firestick to my van TV via tether on my android phone.
Firestick is asking for a password on my phone for connection but I'm not aware of, but could easily be wrong !!!
Can anyone help by telling me when in my phone settings I'd find the password please ???
Then I can change it and write it down somewhere
Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
start a hotspot on your phone and it will show you the ssid and password to use. on newer phones launch wifi direct and select your firestick to connect

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Once you have a network connection it is worth changing the firestick playback option from HD to normal. It will help save some data.

It all works a treat, I have been watching the rugby in both France and northern Spain with no issues as all.

Deleted User
On the Firestick settings page enable Data Monitoring then you can select lower quality that uses less data.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I got it connected now, just have to work out how to use it, most of what appears seems to need a prime subscription.
Can I watch live TV, as in BBC etc ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I got it connected now, just have to work out how to use it, most of what appears seems to need a prime subscription.
Can I watch live TV, as in BBC etc ?
yes, but you need to install a couple of third party apps. like live lounge and kodi

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back