FINED for parking in Paderne (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I appreciate your reply.its 25 years since i first parked in paderne,
in an elderly t2 .
if i had made a parking blunder-i would just pay it.
this time i think i am being shafted-and in my old age
i have decided to REBEL.
On balance I would have paid it, getting a lawyer involved for such a relatively small amount has turned this into a high stakes poker match in a different language. Not a good idea!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
It would seem the present registration is not known to DVLA ![/QUOTE

IS THAT A FACT?
see attached
IMG_20151213_0001.jpg

OP
OP
G

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
loved it - i really appreciate you good natured intention-thanks.
also i have lots of respect for someone who has a gun that size.
Why is Peter angry?- is it your fault campacola?
When i woke up the film was over and i am not angry
at all-not a bit!
I am a teeny bit sad,because tomorrow i have to part with 252 euros.
However I am good natured enough to forgive the GNR -
I know and you know -they were only doing their job, after all -idiots that park their old vans in a public place-should get what they deserve.I carry no ill feeling or other negative baggage about the matter,as a matter of fact i will probably have time to send off a nice cheerful christmas card to brighten up their station.
I 'm off now to watch the film again,and to work out how best to fit a wee rocket launcher on a Hymer.
Who says anger management does not work?
oh s--t i forgot i am on probation- was only joking!!-dont suppose you would consider a whip round?

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I'm sort of glad it was full when we went there in April, I think it was an aire, because our friend broke her hip while wild camping at Albufeira and the GNR sent them there for her to recover, they stayed there for a long time making visits to the hospital. :xsmile: Bob.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
loved it - i really appreciate you good natured intention-thanks.
also i have lots of respect for someone who has a gun that size.
Why is Peter angry?- is it your fault campacola?
When i woke up the film was over and i am not angry
at all-not a bit!
I am a teeny bit sad,because tomorrow i have to part with 252 euros.
However I am good natured enough to forgive the GNR -
I know and you know -they were only doing their job, after all -idiots that park their old vans in a public place-should get what they deserve.I carry no ill feeling or other negative baggage about the matter,as a matter of fact i will probably have time to send off a nice cheerful christmas card to brighten up their station.
I 'm off now to watch the film again,and to work out how best to fit a wee rocket launcher on a Hymer.
Who says anger management does not work?
oh s--t i forgot i am on probation- was only joking!!-dont suppose you would consider a whip round?
Lol yes that is a big gun :xeek: anyway I found this from another discussion, although yes this is from the Spanish government it probably gives a clue as to how 'camping' may have enterprited by the police. It seems in Spain at least the only external permissible behaviour to be 'parked' and not 'camped' is to have a skylight open, (and the wheels choked on a hill!) even opening a side window is considered as camping :xeek:.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
G

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Got that one right:xdoh:yeah
AND the one about me van not being registered with the DVLA.
Say it in pounds £182, sounds a bit better than 252E
:xThumb:
oh you are a such a wit, you dont really think i expected
10p from a Yorkshire man?
Here is another one for you,and i am having another wee joke with you.
Have you read much of the European Union Cross Border Enforcement Directive lately?
Its published by the European Transport Safety Council,
(march 31 ,2015 update).
it will settle you down for the night,probably will make you sleep better.
It may not do me any good either but it makes interesting reading.
thanks

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Was trying to be tongue in cheek
I'm a Yorkshire woman
I don't go in for heavy reading, that's why I do 'fun'
I sleep really well thanks.
I hope once you have paid your dues you can put the whole scenario behind you & feel better yourself.:smiley:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Apologies if that is the case but certainly shows not to rely on DVLA site should you have an accident and want to check reg details as shows ' no details held '

OP
OP
G

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Apologies if that is the case but certainly shows not to rely on DVLA site should you have an accident and want to check reg details as shows ' no details held '

Just not true_I printed that specifically for you ,Spitfire at 1:20 pm Today. And posted it at 1:23pm
There is no "if that is the case"_I am on here to be nice,
But I won't take your qualified apology.
Be a man and say you were wrong.
We are all wrong at some time.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
In conclusion we all make mistakes. Some are more serious and costly than others.

"Yer"............ I got married.... ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :groan::swear2::crying::blush::banghead:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Camping?
Shoes outside, Step out, Door open Bikes unloaded.

Putting anything on, outside or under the parked vehicle can be construed as camping. We were told that in Spain.
The Guardia pointed to the raised roof top satellite dish and said "camping". All windows and doors shut, step in and nothing out, on or under the van. He then walked away.
Opening a side window is camping in Spain Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Opening a side window is camping in Spain Broken Link Removed
... only if it goes 'outwards' ie a top hinged window that pushed out ... if you have sliding windows it doesn't count! Basically ANYTHING that goes out from the perimeter of the vehicle that would not normally do so when travelling is classed as camping, eg a step, window, door (unless you are entering or leaving the vehicle but should not be left open).

The Camper

Free Member
May 3, 2014
ex/Rochdale now fulltiming
Funster No
MH
Hymer 614sl
Exp
Since 2000
"Yer"............ I got married.... ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :groan::swear2::crying::blush::banghead:

If you think getting married is expensive - try getting divorced :cry:

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Once you are abroad the automatic number plate recognition systems cease to need to be considered..............................So if you had a set of plates with transposed letters...........................I doubt anyone would notice....................would they?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Once you are abroad the automatic number plate recognition systems cease to need to be considered..............................So if you had a set of plates with transposed letters...........................I doubt anyone would notice....................would they?
till you get stopped by the police for any reason and they check documents or are involved in an accident

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
So what you're saying is break the law in a country your visiting. What a really silly thing to post.:mad:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
till you get stopped by the police for any reason and they check documents or are involved in an accident
I got sold a new one with the wrong plates. :xlaugh: It wasn't until I went to get number plates for the trailers & gave them the registration documents that it came to light.:xdoh: I'd Been running around for over 6 months + stopped once & docs inspected. No one noticed the transposed numbers. :xgrin:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I got sold a new one with the wrong plates. :xlaugh: It wasn't until I went to get number plates for the trailers & gave them the registration documents that it came to light.:xdoh: I'd Been running around for over 6 months + stopped once & docs inspected. No one noticed the transposed numbers. :xgrin:

Happens more often than you think. Mum and Dad once had a car with different plates on front and back (transposed numbers) and had been like that from new - two years before they bought it. It was me who noticed ;) Boy was I in the dog house - you would have thought it was my error originally!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Happens more often than you think. Mum and Dad once had a car with different plates on front and back (transposed numbers) and had been like that from new - two years before they bought it. It was me who noticed ;) Boy was I in the dog house - you would have thought it was my error originally!
We had the same when we bought a new Nissan, whilst I was in the showroom waiting for the paperwork to be completed I noticed that the rear number plate was wrong ... the front one was right though ... queue 'headless chicken' routine by the dealer's staff!

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Sorry to come late to this but I have been sort of offline for a few days. Certainly the Font at Paderne has been a motorhome stopover for many years and used by all nationalities. We lived just up the road from it for a year and walked past it often, picnicking beside the washhouse. I have never heard of fines for camping at the Font though it was always rumoured that staying more than one night could cause trouble. 252 is a lot more than a parking fine, and normally they clamp foreign vehicles to ensure the fine is paid. They do however apply serious penalties for non payment after 30 days, 3 months etc. As the OP did not show the part of the documentation with the fine details I cannot comment on it. In general the GNR do not act on individual cases like that unless they have had some form of official complaint, and almost all councils want motorhomes. The GNR commander in Silves interviewed without coffee by the town mayor after the infamous clearing of the Silves car park. Even in Armacao de Pera when the GNR tried the same in the Football Club car park a deal was quickly reached which allowed long term 'parking', but not 'camping'. We have not been down this winter due to circumstances outside our control, but have heard no adverse comments from our fellow snowbirds. On the more positive side we have just got a refund for road tax on our last Bongo when we took it back to UK. At first they tried to fine us for non payment but when we showed that the vehicle was now a UK one again they cancelled the fines and yesterday nearly 12 months later in came a tax refund

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@maxi77 the subject has as they say been put to bed. The OP has sorted it and has moved on after advice from members on here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back