Finding places to stay, fill and dump in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2020
Spain
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am a newbie to van life in Europe. However, I towed a large camper trailer all around the USA, but things are different in Europe and being in a camper van is definitely different as well. If anyone has some advice of how to get started with vanlife after I roll off the lot, that would be highly appreciated. I will start in Spain. And these are my initial questions:
  • Is there a good app that I can use to find the next place where I will spend the night? I don't intend to go to campgrounds very often to save money.
  • Where can I find spots to fill the water tank in Spain?
  • Where can I dump the gray tank?
  • Where can I dump the cassette?
  • Is there a chemical that I should use in the cassette? I intend to keep the TP separate in order to avoid clogs.
I look forward to any comments and replies to my questions.

View attachment 447784

/Hanz and the Outlaw

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Park4night is the only app you will ev3r need ( free version ) the books are a waste of money.
Never a problem finding a place in spain to park up .

Have a look at my threads from last year 11 months in spain and Portugal and not 1 campsite
Tam and toby take 2

And from 2018 ...10 months in Spain and not 1 campsite

Tam franky and jades european adventure.

You should still find them somewhere.

All my overnights come from park4night or just by finding it on route

Ive got camper contact and search4sites and have never used them as park4night never fails.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just one more tip for OP or anyone.

When we are heading for a known likely spot we keep ours eyes open for the last few kilometres beforehand to note alternatives to backtrack to if the chosen spot is not to our liking or full.

Equally if no alternative before the chosen one, but it is only just OK, then drive on looking for alternatives knowing one can come back to the just OK one. We have found some good ones employing that tactic.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back