Goatykins

Free Member
Feb 1, 2016
Ruabon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hello there I joined today recommended by my new insurance as a good group to join to validate the part of the insurance that requires joining a campervan club....so I'm hoping they were right
Pleased to be here as I'm sure there will be lots of experience to dip into.
I just bought a ford transit high top LWB crew van and we are getting straight on the case to convert to a camper. Got a good man lined up that has lots of experience doing stuff like this to get work done so feeling confident we will create something to suit our needs and tick the boxes required.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, few folk on here have done self builds and some really stunning like @Ralph-n-Bev. I'm sure Ralph or Bev will be along and can give you a link to their thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VEG

Free Member
Jan 31, 2016
South Wales
Funster No
MH
COACH BUILT
Exp
never heard of having to join a club in order for insurance to be valid

OP
OP
G

Goatykins

Free Member
Feb 1, 2016
Ruabon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Re joining club...gets a better rate? Not sure why? So having agreed to do came here. They said they didn't need to check I out but if I ever put a claim in it would need to be there to validate.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to fun, see you are not far from us, lots of information on here look at the self build section, ask as many questions as you need that's what the forum is about. You have 5 free posts then you will need to be a full member as your insurance man recommended , and have full access to all the information you should want. :pink:

OP
OP
G

Goatykins

Free Member
Feb 1, 2016
Ruabon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Re Carol....are you saying I have to post five times and then upgrade to gain the qualification....the company recommended this as one where there would be no membership fee....not that I'm against paying a fee if needed.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hiya welcome to the club. It's well worth the ÂŁ15 a year to join MHF.
You'll get discounts and so much help and advice , for everything.
Ralphs just finished our self build. Though it's not in the self build bit , yet. We've asked Jim if he can move it.
But here's a link. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/ you might find it interesting .
We plan on keeping "Pug" for ever , so we didn't scrimp on anything. Motorhoming is a great hobby. We love it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, no, you have 5 free posts in which you can ask any questions, after that you can't make any more until you are a full member it is ÂŁ15 a year, for that you get access to all the discounts, rally's and ask as many questions / join in, as you want, there are no moderators just members and Jim who started the site so it's really easy going.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN and don't worry, you will get your annual subscription back in advice alone not to mention the discounts that traders on here give to Funsters. (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I never heard of insurance companies sending us members but at least they sent you to simply the best (y)
Welcome :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back