Finding a starter motor for an old Hymer (1 Viewer)

Schpinky

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
HI all.

I have a G reg Citroen Hymer 564 and have spent a lot of money on it over the last few years getting many major parts reconditioned. The starter motor is causing a real headache. I have had the starter reconditioned five times in as many years and it is still not right.
Does anyone know where I might find a new or decent starter motor for my beloved old Hymer?

Thanks for reading this, I really hope someone can help.

Cheers

Schpinky

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i would guess that it will be a standard c25 one and as such , any decent motorfactors will be able to sell you a brand new one for about £50_£60 this would probably include a 2 year warranty. however, bearing in mind what you have said about it being a recurring problem i would get the starter wiring [esp earth] checked and while the starter was out i would examine the teeth on the flywheel ring gear for damage, [causing the starter to not mesh properly ] this can also happen when the correct bolts and dowels have not been refitted in the right order . regards garry

OP
OP
S

Schpinky

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Garry

Thanks for this info. I think I may need to find a new mechanics near me. The place that has done much of the work on our van has basically said there is no more they can do. I think they are fed up with the site of me!

If anyone who lives near me has any recommendations for a decent mechanic that would be great.

Cheers fella.
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi,i recon by your explanation and by the recon you've had on the starter motor, i think you should be looking else where for the problem, ie, we had starter problems with ours after checking the starter out all was ok,i started investigating other components and found one of the relays was u.s,replaced the relay and bingo NO probs ever since, keeping fingers crossed:ROFLMAO:so hope this helps you,cheers Alf

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi Garry

Thanks for this info. I think I may need to find a new mechanics near me. The place that has done much of the work on our van has basically said there is no more they can do. I think they are fed up with the site of me!

If anyone who lives near me has any recommendations for a decent mechanic that would be great.

Cheers fella.
:Smile:
about 8 miles away
Mill Road Motors in Christchurch

39 Mill Road
Christchurch
Dorset BH23 2JY
01202 485718

I use these people, who really know motorhomes and have the space and equipment. the local motorhome dealers use them as well
have always been fair on price too

http://www.carvets.co.uk/ this is their website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back