Finding a Dometic fridge engineer in the East Midlands (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have a Dometic 3-way absorption fridge. It is well due for a service & its cooling ability on gas has diminished significantly of late.

It’s always been difficult to light on gas – sometimes striking up with no problem, other times refusing to play ball for ages.

Some of you may remember that the cable leading to the ignitor burnt out a while ago & I’m grateful for the help provided on that thread.

I thought it might be a good idea to make sure whoever I took it too really understood these fridges & wouldn’t just change parts at random, so I had a look on Dometic’s web site for a list of approved service centres. Rather to my surprise, not one of the main dealers with workshops around me are listed - either as dealers or service centres.

The two closest to me who are listed are Out & About Motorhome & Caravan Services at Langtoft, Peterborough (so @Langtoftlad might have some local knowledge) and Nationwide Caravan Services at Crowle, Scunthorpe.

Does anyone have any reports on either of these two firms? Has anyone had a major fridge service done by anyone else in Lincolnshire or surrounding counties & been impressed by the person who did the work?

I’ve also read @DBK ‘s thread here which does have some similarities to my issue, but I think a service is the first priority & then see how it runs.

Mant thanks for any information you can provide.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@TheCaller
Out&About just did my Hab check and actually fixed (as opposed to replace) my Thetford oven ignition issues - ok it was a very simple fix but they knew what the problem was & the adjustment necessary.
Father & son team.
Seem reasonably priced.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
ok it was a very simple fix but they knew what the problem was & the adjustment necessary.
Thanks - just the sort of info I'm after. Sounds like they actually understand the kit they work on. Shortlisted, despite being a fair way from me. Sounds like a visit to my sister at Warmington is called for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Chris @ out and about they are now on the industrial est nr Mkt Deeping sorted our fridge a few times.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks Steve. I've just realised that your post could be read two ways! I assume you didn't mean he had to fix it a few times because he didn't get it right first time! :D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back