Finding a Dometic fridge engineer in the East Midlands

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by TheCaller, Jul 6, 2018.

1. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

Ratings:
    +3,462
    I have a Dometic 3-way absorption fridge. It is well due for a service & its cooling ability on gas has diminished significantly of late.

It’s always been difficult to light on gas – sometimes striking up with no problem, other times refusing to play ball for ages.

Some of you may remember that the cable leading to the ignitor burnt out a while ago & I’m grateful for the help provided on that thread.

I thought it might be a good idea to make sure whoever I took it too really understood these fridges & wouldn’t just change parts at random, so I had a look on Dometic’s web site for a list of approved service centres. Rather to my surprise, not one of the main dealers with workshops around me are listed - either as dealers or service centres.

The two closest to me who are listed are Out & About Motorhome & Caravan Services at Langtoft, Peterborough (so @Langtoftlad might have some local knowledge) and Nationwide Caravan Services at Crowle, Scunthorpe.

Does anyone have any reports on either of these two firms? Has anyone had a major fridge service done by anyone else in Lincolnshire or surrounding counties & been impressed by the person who did the work?

I’ve also read @DBK ‘s thread here which does have some similarities to my issue, but I think a service is the first priority & then see how it runs.

Mant thanks for any information you can provide.

2. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +21,137
    @TheCaller
    Out&About just did my Hab check and actually fixed (as opposed to replace) my Thetford oven ignition issues - ok it was a very simple fix but they knew what the problem was & the adjustment necessary.
    Father & son team.
    Seem reasonably priced.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

Ratings:
    +3,462
    Thanks - just the sort of info I'm after. Sounds like they actually understand the kit they work on. Shortlisted, despite being a fair way from me. Sounds like a visit to my sister at Warmington is called for.

4. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

Ratings:
    +3,389
    Chris @ out and about they are now on the industrial est nr Mkt Deeping sorted our fridge a few times.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

Ratings:
    +3,462
    Thanks Steve. I've just realised that your post could be read two ways! I assume you didn't mean he had to fix it a few times because he didn't get it right first time! :D2