Find Ian the builder a van thread (2 Viewers)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@ianthebuilder Congratulations.

Now the real fun begins! We would be astonished if you don't thoroughly it. Seems like a cracking Christmas present. How did you get it in the stocking?

:xThumb:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I thought the palace on wheels you had bought was petrol rather than diesel - was thinking you might want to do an LPG conversion if that was the case. LPG tanks for domestic use also a very good investment!
yes sorry puddle it was the old volvo motor that was petrol,,,the hymer is diesel for engine,,lpg for habitation,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Now i have just got all the tools im taking in the underneath lockers,and i still have more room ! Now or rather tomorrow i will be packing clothes personals and bits,,pick up reccommended satnav from argos,,but yarmouth caravans has just closed down to the public (well the shop has) i wont have too much time to go shopping because i have to see my old mum before i go,,she lives nr bury st edmunds,,does anyone know (apart from online) where i can get an adaptor for electric in spain,,and an adaptor for the lpg tank for spain,europe any where near or in between yarmouth,ipswich,or colchester because im going there sat !! I will be booking a ferry on friday,,if i can get onto portsmouth bilbao i will if not i will sort something else out,,, cheers..

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Well done! Enjoy. So now we need a new thread "good woman, big legs, likes travelling, gsoh, for ianthebuilder" thread??
Hang on a bit ,he ain't sorted his TV out yet!!! I'm just getting me pringles ready, an me one'es on, cause this is gonna be enthralling,:tmi::whew::smoke:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well done Ian enjoy your van and hope we'll see you somewhere down in Spain over the next three or four months.
Alan i will be looking for some advice about where to stay on the way down to the coast of spain alan,if i get ferry to bilbao,i will want route,stopovers etc,,i will be in no rush to get to other side of spain just a nice leusurely drive down,,waving like a loon to every other motorhome i see !!! lol and if i go thru france i will want lots of advice !

Last edited:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
where i can get an adaptor for electric in spain,,and an adaptor for the lpg tank for spain,europe

If it gets desperate you can get them easily over here, and cheaper because of the Euro That goes for Diesel too:xThumb:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hang on a bit ,he ain't sorted his TV out yet!!! I'm just getting me pringles ready, an me one'es on, cause this is gonna be enthralling,:tmi::whew::smoke:
Frentchy,,your right i need a tv,,i have allsorts of gunk in one of the cupboard,,there is an directional ariel on the mh also a satellite dish,,varios boxes in the cupbd where i assume he had a tv and guess what,,i have no clue !! and its no good telling me i attatch the sprocket to the gimble and the doobrey firkin goes onto the woggle thread,,i will be asking someone to have a look and tell me what i need,,Any volunteers ???

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

TV get one with analogue as well as digital tuner. as many UK chanels on site on analogue. will need a long television aeriel lead as well to pick up tv on site services

where are you heading?

dont worry about things like the roof sat as there will be plenty of knowledgeable people round in Spain to help...you will love it, a real sense of community down there.

seeing as you bringing your tools maybe worth joining an ex pat forum and offering your building services

Eddie

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Alan i will be looking for some advice about where to stay on the way down to the coast of spain alan,if i get ferry to bilbao,i will want route,stopovers etc,,i will be in no rush to get to other side of spain just a nice leusurely drive down,,waving like a loon to every other motorhome i see !!! lol
Oh yes, you need your Funster Sticker!!!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Alan i will be looking for some advice about where to stay on the way down to the coast of spain alan,if i get ferry to bilbao,i will want route,stopovers etc,,i will be in no rush to get to other side of spain just a nice leusurely drive down,,waving like a loon to every other motorhome i see !!! lol
@ianthebuilder dont know about ferry as we always use the tunnel but there are lots of folk here that do hope they'll let you know.
We'll be coming along the coast from East to West probably meet you somewhere over the next four months,will keep you posted.
Just don't rush and enjoy the trip.:xgrin:youll find plenty of places to stop.GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
,i will be asking someone to have a look and tell me what i need,,Any volunteers ???

Sorry mate!! that stuffs out out of my league, and if I tried all the options offered by the Very Knowledgeable on here I would be overloaded and look like a Porcupine :xsmile:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes i will judge,,even if i have to go the french route,,,i will do it online prob,,if its easy !!!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I think i might just buy a tv and bug everybody i meet with a mh on my travells to have a good look for me !! im not in a rush to watch crap !!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think i might just buy a tv and bug everybody i meet with a mh on my travells to have a good look for me !! im not in a rush to watch crap !!
Cello traveller TV,s are good and reasonable price they have built in free sat and DVD player

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
It nice to catch up with UK news though... a hard portable drive a good idea. can get lots of stuff to watch on laptop from other people on site

Tonkas route with overnight stops.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tonkas-western-route-to-spain.99/

I still think your mad heading of so quickly:D
sorry judge,,you lost me at portable drive !!!! no idea what that means !!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@ianthebuilder I should think so if it's the telly you're talking about don't know about gas fill point adaptors though.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
HANG ON!!!!

A few days ago I answered a question posted by @ianthebuilder on the 'beginner's' thread regarding driving on the right. A few days later, I come across a "Find Ian a Van" thread. Intrigued, I read on only to find that he's bought a van, going to Spain :coolest: and talking like a consummate professional! That lad doesn't hang about does he? Made me feel dizzy! I want some of what he's on!

What an uplifting thread. Best of luck matey. Happy and safe travels - Viva Ian the builder :xThumb:

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van