Find Ian the builder a van thread (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thank goodness you're back @ianthebuilder - I was worried that you'd been abducted by Motorhome Aliens

images

Haha, I'll see your aliens and raise you a spaceship :xwink:

bdd421570dd58677f608010a38002d1d.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Glad your safe and well! Excited about your new purchase is an understatement for you and us! Lots of great advice and people who care! Good luck Ian! Has she got a name so we can follow your travels!? Take care(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
OK folks lets get our heads together and try and find a few vans suitable for full timing for Ian to look at. I have already ID'd two that I thought perfect. both twin rear axle and winterised, double floor..but Ian would now prefer to buy one here..To me that means spending more money and getting less..but there you go!

Might be an idea to keep this on topic and factual rather then descending into pages of banter or the lad aint going to get away anytime soon:)
Sorry about the banter Judge!!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:RollEyes:@ianthebuilder Well done that man......the ad read really well, it sounds great:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:party2:
Really pleased for you - the start of a new chapter for you......and interesting threads for us:rofl:

Have fun& the biggest thing is enjoy the journey:)

P.s. Things I wish we'd done differently............well waited to see what we couldn't do without instead of rushing to get everything we thought we needed:RollEyes:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Fingers Crossed @ianthebuilder is as lucky as I've been (touch wood).
I'd been doing lots of research, listening to all the (great) advice freely given, similar to the above.
So what did I do?
Sat in one at the PBoro show, thought this feels okay... and bought it within half an hour :xdoh:.
No test drives, no mechanical, habitation, nor damp check. Just trusted the dealer (probably not recommended either) :xeek:.
Wouldn't suggest this is an advisable way to buy - but sometimes, just sometimes :xblush:...

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yes judge i forgot about that the mot i mean,,i cant remember even asking in my enthusiasm yesterday so i have just contacted him and guess what,in all the paperwork i got not an mot,,so i rang him and he just text back saying only till march next year,,bit gutted but no drama really,,my mechanic is taking it to a mot station at 2pm this afternoon,,,, hopefully all good,but will update you,,,,, Im gutted i never even thought to ask to be honest,,too excited !! watch this space !!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Glad your safe and well! Excited about your new purchase is an understatement for you and us! Lots of great advice and people who care! Good luck Ian! Has she got a name so we can follow your travels!? Take care(y)
No name yet anthea,,im working on it though,,Any suggestions??

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes judge i forgot about that the mot i mean,,i cant remember even asking in my enthusiasm yesterday so i have just contacted him and guess what,in all the paperwork i got not an mot,,so i rang him and he just text back saying only till march next year,,bit gutted but no drama really,,my mechanic is taking it to a mot station at 2pm this afternoon,,,, hopefully all good,but will update you,,,,, Im gutted i never even thought to ask to be honest,,too excited !! watch this space !!

best you get a new one anyway as dont want to be stuck abroad with one running out. you may fall in lurve in spain and never wanna come back:)

MOT a cheap way to find out at least if its road worthy before buying but you have a mechanic...

I know you said everything works but try on 230v and gas

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Brilliant, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You may want to convert to LPG at some point though :) - although with the price of oil dropping that won't be a priority.
has lpg tank anyway puddle,,no gas bottles,,half a tank full too,,,,just have to get adapters for spain etc ,,now goiung to great yarmouth caravans to have a look at some bits,,adaptor for hookup etc,,and maybe a nice chair for reclining having a jack daniels when i arrive in spain !! lolol

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Going for mot at 2 martin,,will have garage look,check and reccommend !!!
Don't forget you can check previous MOT history and advisories on line now so that may flag up any issues that need a quick look at to make sure they were done properly.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
03 plate petrol volvo...

I thought the palace on wheels you had bought was petrol rather than diesel - was thinking you might want to do an LPG conversion if that was the case. LPG tanks for domestic use also a very good investment!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back