LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Rather than wave, I stick my arse out the window :)
there was me thinking you were a willy waver

personally I raise a hand and acknowledge the other driver

Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014
My other car is a Mazda MX5 and it's the LAW to wave at another one! The first time we went out in our Autosleeper PVC a French plated MH waved at us , so we naturally waved back....and still wave at all MHs. We occasionally wave at Tesco vans and Horseboxes ( there are a lot in this part of the world), and we quite often wave at MX5s from the van, and vice versa, so apologies for any confusion caused by this....now you know how we feel most of the time!

R

Rita and Andrew

Deleted User
:hugs:I'am a raver, and so is my wife!

Oh you said waver!

:LOL:

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
Wavers here and as has been said before, often wave at the delivery vans, horseboxes and such like. Try to wave at PVCs but don't always spot them in time, sorry

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ah yes we wave as well doesn't matter if they don't we keep on doin it(y);)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We wave at everything (apart from when on motorways) but @Cal54 PVC's are really hard to spot till they're level with you then they've gone before you get chance to react.

I will try harder:D

So true , hard to know if they PVC's or just ordinary vans

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
WE wave every time. Not very often you get a sour faced git who just stares at us like we are aliens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2015
Richmond n. yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 41 Fiat D
Exp
1 year
my grand daughter (12) & I always wave and say " happy campers " if they don't wave we say there not so happy & IF THEY HAVE FORIEGN PLATES we say they don't understand English ! arms ache if you ae passing everyone going to a show in the opposite direction tho ? better than counting white lines

Jackie Parker

Free Member
Mar 15, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 155
Exp
since 2015
Yes, we both are enthusiastic wavers and get upset when we don't get a wave back

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Wavers, saw another old gal like Harriet on our way to Gravelines Last time over and we both got so excited we almost waved ourselves out of our seats. :LOL:

Never seen another funsters though, and we are on the road quite a bit.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Never seen another funsters though, and we are on the road quite a bit.
Strange isn't it. This subject comes up regularly but where are all the Funsters who respond to these threads?
Have you put your sticker in the wrong window perhaps. Ours has replaced the licence disc so would be difficult to spot when driving.
Strangely though, we haven't spotted many when parked either.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Strange isn't it. This subject comes up regularly but where are all the Funsters who respond to these threads?
Have you put your sticker in the wrong window perhaps. Ours has replaced the licence disc so would be difficult to spot when driving.
Strangely though, we haven't spotted many when parked either.

Got one on the near side cab window and one on the offside, admittedly the stickers aren't that big but never even seen a blur of yellow.

Hymie

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
A big YES from us!! I wave at all motorhomes and even when we are passing one!!
Have been known to do a one fingered wave under the dash when they don't wave back!!:LOL: Just a silly game we play!
Actually got waved at by the driver and passenger on the A 57 yesterday and it was a French number plate going towards Sheffield!! I was well excited!!as were they!!
We waved a lot in France but A class don't wave back much! Lol:LOL:
we must have missed you anthea ,we were on the A57
i wave(y)

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
where are all the Funsters who respond to these threads?
Have you put your sticker in the wrong window perhaps.
Or maybe most don't even bother applying for one , i think one should automatically be send out to all subscribers :)
Along with a pack on how to wave :D :D :D

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I was given my sticker by porkster!
It's on my drivers side wing mirror,, now helga is a right hand drive, and the amount of time I have spent in uk tells me it's on the wrong mirror!!! Lol.

Still if I get another I shall put it on the left mirror casing, and helga will look like she has earings on !!!

And I wave like a looney,, I'm not surprised people don't wave back, I must scare em to death!!!! X

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I was given my sticker by porkster!
It's on my drivers side wing mirror,, now helga is a right hand drive, and the amount of time I have spent in uk tells me it's on the wrong mirror!!! Lol.

Still if I get another I shall put it on the left mirror casing, and helga will look like she has earings on !!!

And I wave like a looney,, I'm not surprised people don't wave back, I must scare em to death!!!! X
Just remembering you driving along with your bed on your head!!!:LOL:They must have thought you a loony!!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just remembering you driving along with your bed on your head!!!:LOL:They must have thought you a loony!!

It wasn't so much on my head anthea, as smashing my skull into my chest!!! I have no neck since that day !!!!! Every time I put a shirt with a collar on I look like pug from the bash street kids!! The collar comes up to my eyes!!!!!! X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back