finally!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by stuurman, May 22, 2009.

1. stuurman

stuurman Funster

Ratings:
    +96
    Today I drove to Germany, Kleve to be exact, to look at a Knaus Sun TI 600 LF, build on a Renault Master 2.5 Common Rail Diesel 120 HP, march 2007, 31.000 km. As soon as I pulled up I just knew it was THE ONE! She is perfect!
    After a long time of looking around and reading all threads on this magnificent website I finally found the right one. Next friday I will take delivery and will spend a week around Kleve to get to know her. And then its off to France!
    I want to thank all of you who posted threads which enabled me to make the (I hope) right choise.
    :thanks2::beer: Hans in Amsterdam.

2. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,647
    sounds just the job, enjoy the trip, do post some pictures when you get a chance

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +37,600
    That's good, you must be very lonely, because everywhere we've travelled from Calais to Marrakech there have been loads of Dutch caravans and motorhomes.

I guess it's "Last one out, turn off the lights".

Scotland is very popular with the Dutch, I guess you just like finding hills :)

We've not been to Amsterdam for 10 years. It's magic on a sunny day. Do you have any tips for doing it my MH ?

4. daveyboy

daveyboy

Ratings:
    +1
    great news:thumb:

surprised you drove though

did you know you can fly ryanair to dusseldorf( weeze) airport which is just down the road from kleve.

5. stuurman

stuurman Funster

Ratings:
    +96
    Thank you all. I will try and post some pictures later , Wildman. Hilldweller, I know of two campings, one of which is very near to the marina where I live. Its called Vliegenbos and its rather expensive, but has a great connection into town (5 minutes to smack in the middle of town). Daveyboy, I knew that but am partial to driving, anyway it's only 2 hours.
    Cant wait till friday, will keep you posted ::bigsmile:. Thanks again. Hans.

6. hilldweller

Ratings:
    +37,600
    :)

Isn't "smack" a euphemism for drugs :)

How appropriate for a post about Amsterdam :)

7. hilldweller

Ratings:
    +37,600
    Looks good on their web site. I would not call €24 expensive. Especially one convenient for a major city. Maybe you have some shocks ahead as you travel round France.

Some pleasant shocks if you try municipal camping sites.