Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
....Ok, just to nr. Taunton.......where a certain company will be fitting an alarm system to Elsie, the MH tomorrow....but it's our first overnight stay, and our first MH foray into another county...yip, we've taken our time!

We've packed the corkscrew, wine glasses and a bottle or two of Loire Valley....oh and the ingredients for a basic meal tonight, and breakfast tomorrow. Proper crockery, and cutlery...we looked around for some melamine, but weren't impressed ....we're prepared to sacrifice a couple of cheapo plates if necessary.

Talking of sacrifice, I'm leaving my hairdryer behind....:unsure:

Gas is sorted, I updated my post on the subject, and can I just repeat here, our grateful thanks to the Funsters who helped us with that....much appreciated!

I'm taking a notebook, to write down things we find we should have brought...no doubt there will be something...;)

My job today is to wave at other MHs...and "navigate", though my driver knows I have very limited skills in that area. Satnav is our friend.

To the tune of Paddy and Max........:):):)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great time and remember it's all fun!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Thanks, all. The first outing went really well. The campsite was excellent, Vanbitz were brilliant...what a great team they have, and Elsie is all alarmed now..we have to read the instructions, to familiarise ourselves with it, though we had a very thorough handover at Vanbitz.

OK, 2 numpty moments, one for each of us.

As we drove round the site, looking for our allocated pitch, No.39....he says "there's No.5...oh, that one's also No.5.....(the 5mph speed limit was signed on each post..hahaha!! )

Mine was more numpty-ish, though...as we went to empty the grey waste after our visit, he asked me to tell him when the pipe is over the drain....so I checked for him.....he looked at me, with a "Dear God, she really is blonde" look, and informed me that the exhaust was now positioned over the drain..he told me where I should be looking.....:rolleyes:
My penance was to be the first to empty the cassette toilet....all a steep learning curve.Hey ho....

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back