Finally made it full time...kind of (1 Viewer)

Surfstar

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner - A class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,

Its been almost 10 years in the making, and I have been eagerly waiting to post in this forum to say that me, my wife, 3.5yr old daughter and two westies are off. It was a dream we had 10 years ago when our son was 10 but life got in the way. Now we are both 40 we want to dive right in have a life adventure.
Years of trialing MH'ing in our old Hymercamp 64 (which we sold some time ago) and viewing hundreds of vans, we've bought our 2019 Burstner Ixeo 744 which we collect in a month. The house is sold, the storage containers are booked and we are just waiting to exchange house contracts in the next few weeks.
Our plan is loose but straightforward....Europe, no route as yet identified but plenty of places we want to visit. We are planning to leave first week in Sept and will follow the sun, exploring as many countries as possible in 12 months or so. The aim is to find a place we may wish to settle and then go from there. There is no return ticket booked or plan to come back.
We both can work from anywhere with wifi but plan to only work when needed.

Anyway thats us and I look forward to chatting with some of you on our way.

Thanks Chris, Jo and Kitty

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
Hi,

Its been almost 10 years in the making, and I have been eagerly waiting to post in this forum to say that me, my wife, 3.5yr old daughter and two westies are off. It was a dream we had 10 years ago when our son was 10 but life got in the way. Now we are both 40 we want to dive right in have a life adventure.
Years of trialing MH'ing in our old Hymercamp 64 (which we sold some time ago) and viewing hundreds of vans, we've bought our 2019 Burstner Ixeo 744 which we collect in a month. The house is sold, the storage containers are booked and we are just waiting to exchange house contracts in the next few weeks.
Our plan is loose but straightforward....Europe, no route as yet identified but plenty of places we want to visit. We are planning to leave first week in Sept and will follow the sun, exploring as many countries as possible in 12 months or so. The aim is to find a place we may wish to settle and then go from there. There is no return ticket booked or plan to come back.

:welcome4:And good luck.

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Was my dream but life got in the way, hope you have a great time to be remembered as good forever ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Surfstar

Surfstar

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner - A class
Exp
Since 2008
Best wishes, just keep an eye on the "B" issue as that will probably put the kybosh on 12 months trips in mainland Europe. :(
Thanks, and we are trying to keep an eye on the moving target of B. Main driver to get out before October before Defra change the pet passport malarky.

May need to pop back from time to time (tax, warranty fixes, family xmas) but will avoid if possible.

Reactions: DBK

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Brilliant. I loved living in my motorhome for 2 years, so wish I could do it again.

Have wonderful adventures out there !

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Hi,

Good luck. Me and wife are just into our 2nd week. Maybe we can join up some time.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Good luck with everything.
animated welcome group purple.gif

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I did the same, without the storage boxes for 10 years, back iin bricks and mortar again after meeting a house dweller, he's in the midst of doing the same so on the road once more, shortly! Enjoy! It's a great life!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I realize it is an open ended question but how many countries do you think you will " explore" in 12 months?
As someone who full timed for a long time with kids my advice is not to try to do too much.

Happy travels!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We have fulltimed twice, once back in 1981 for seven years with two children and again in 2008 until 2012, no regrets, now settled on a little piece of land in Central Portugal where we have built a static camper which we call our cabin and loving it.

Make the most of it, you never know what’s round the corner.

Just remember, you are not tourists who are on holiday, this is a way of living, your money will go a lot further.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Brill Best of luck with it all, i'm in my 4th week now and head across the pond beginning of sept.
Morroco on the horizon for 3 months probably to help beat that 'B' thing, if it ever happens lol!!

Cheers Cris:cheers: .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Exciting times ahead. We hope that everything you wish for comes true.

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
Good luck and have fun. I’m looking to do the same this September/October once the house is rented.

Antarcticarian

Free Member
Jul 27, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie, but planning to buy my MoHo this autumn/winter.
Thanks, and we are trying to keep an eye on the moving target of B. Main driver to get out before October before Defra change the pet passport malarky.

May need to pop back from time to time (tax, warranty fixes, family xmas) but will avoid if possible.
I take my hat off to you, well done to keep the 'white spot' alive. Be alert to the 90-in-180 day rule if …….

Sep 17, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium Van
Exp
13 yrs, caravan, motorhome
Good Luck. We too hope to be hitting the road very soon. End of October if house sale continues according to plan. Spain February,March sooner if the ‘B’ gets sorted. Hope to meet some of you on our travels. Sue and John.

Sep 17, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium Van
Exp
13 yrs, caravan, motorhome
Oh no, not again. House sale chain broke on Monday for the second time. 2 houses down the chain. It should have been good as all cash buyers, but some guy’s survey came up with flood risk and culvert needs rebuilding. Our buyer was in tears. We were 3 weeks from moving out, house half packed up, most furniture sold too. Aaagh'

But, then there was light. The first people who put an offer in, wanted to view again. So Wednesday they came and loved our house more than ever, so renewed their offer. But, someone else will be upset now because they were proceeding with another house. What an awful business it is. We should adopt the Scottish system which sounds fairer, although I don’t know what they do if a survey comes back bad.

So fingers and legs crossed once more ?

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Think I read some where house sales are one of the most stressful things to go through.
Hope its sorted soon and you can get on with your plans

OP
OP
Surfstar

Surfstar

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner - A class
Exp
Since 2008
That is really disappointing news! We feel your pain.
We opted to remove ourselves from the chain process for this very reason. We sold chain free so on the day of completion we handed over the house keys and moved straight in to the motorhome. We then spent a few weeks finding a property we would like to invest in. Once offer was accepted we jumped on the ferry and have left it with our solicitor to deal with. When we return to the uk (one day) we will deal with moving in to the new property

We are now in Barcelona having done a total of 2500 miles and 51 nights in the Moho. ?

If anyone is interested you can follow our journey on instagram - nugentlife

Hope it all works out and you get on the road ASAP!

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Think I read some where house sales are one of the most stressful things to go through.
Hope its sorted soon and you can get on with your plans
Oh no, not again. House sale chain broke on Monday for the second time. 2 houses down the chain. It should have been good as all cash buyers, but some guy’s survey came up with flood risk and culvert needs rebuilding. Our buyer was in tears. We were 3 weeks from moving out, house half packed up, most furniture sold too. Aaagh'

But, then there was light. The first people who put an offer in, wanted to view again. So Wednesday they came and loved our house more than ever, so renewed their offer. But, someone else will be upset now because they were proceeding with another house. What an awful business it is. We should adopt the Scottish system which sounds fairer, although I don’t know what they do if a survey comes back bad.

So fingers and legs crossed once more ?

Funny enough we were just talking to our estate agent today about this and the Scottish system. It seems once you have agreed the sale before a survey and then it comes back bad - it’s just tough!

We are going to do the same as Surfstar - trying to sell then traveling around looking at property hopefully getting a good and easy deal as chain free cash buyer. That’s the theory anyway.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
That is really disappointing news! We feel your pain.
We opted to remove ourselves from the chain process for this very reason. We sold chain free so on the day of completion we handed over the house keys and moved straight in to the motorhome. We then spent a few weeks finding a property we would like to invest in. Once offer was accepted we jumped on the ferry and have left it with our solicitor to deal with. When we return to the uk (one day) we will deal with moving in to the new property

We are now in Barcelona having done a total of 2500 miles and 51 nights in the Moho. ?

If anyone is interested you can follow our journey on instagram - nugentlife

Hope it all works out and you get on the road ASAP!

Who did you use to store all your furniture please? Was it a company that removes, stores and then delivers direct to your new property? We have seen a couple that just load into a transportable container which is then just stored without having to unload again but prices seem to greatly vary. Thanks

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Funny enough we were just talking to our estate agent today about this and the Scottish system. It seems once you have agreed the sale before a survey and then it comes back bad - it’s just tough!

We are going to do the same as Surfstar - trying to sell then traveling around looking at property hopefully getting a good and easy deal as chain free cash buyer. That’s the theory anyway.
Under the Scottish system your Solicitor puts in a “Note of Interest” and if there is a closing date for offers, that is when you get a survey and searches done before putting your offer in. If there are several offers, the buyer decides which to accept. There is no guarantee that your offer will be accepted so you could pay for survey and not get the property. Once the offer is accepted there is no going back for either side.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Than
Under the Scottish system your Solicitor puts in a “Note of Interest” and if there is a closing date for offers, that is when you get a survey and searches done before putting your offer in. If there are several offers, the buyer decides which to accept. There is no guarantee that your offer will be accepted so you could pay for survey and not get the property. Once the offer is accepted there is no going back for either side.
[/QUOTE

Thank you - we love Dumfries and Galloway after a trip to Portpatrick - am going to instruct a local solicitor for advice and assistance once we have sold house here. Understand from your post that we may incur additional costs but still seems better than the English system where last time we sold we were let down last minute, gazzupted and generally messed about with our selling price after it had been agreed.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
We live in D&G and know Portpatrick very well, had relatives living there until very recently. If you need any advice on anything todo with the area, pm me and I will help if I can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back