Finally got air filter out. (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
After putting off for weeks I finally bit the bullet and got to work removing the Boxer air filter housing screws so I could change the filter. Doesn't look like it's been changed for many years?
20210414_151224.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Those screws are a bugger to get out, whats it like on the inside of the filter? Did the muck get through?

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Those screws are a bugger to get out, whats it like on the inside of the filter? Did the muck get through?
Black inside and out, just bought the van and apparently it had a new DPF fitted, when I had a blast down the motorway the other day black smoke/soot came out the exhaust for a minute or so then cleared up, I don't think this engine (2.2 puma) likes tootling around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
At one time you could purchase a vehicle with a service history and be content all was within reason well.
Since the advent of whole life cost, the schedules have become a piece of paper of little or any worth. Note the check items however no dismantling!
Add to the mix the new breed of motor vehicle operator, who rarely or ever lifts the bonnet, the toxic mix is complete.
Interesting photos however not unique, think about rear brakes on a Boxer chassis rarely dismantled or serviced, few understand brake fluids hydroscopic nature.
Service history! Use caution at the very least

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back