Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
After watching the rain for a week we're finally heading for Cornwall on Monday. My wife has only threatened to kill me once this week, so I think she's warming to me::bigsmile:

Today has been spent ramming everything in and tomorrow will be a test run to track down any rattles from cupboard etc. I've given up on sorting the heating before this trip and plan on getting the MOT done and seeing whether this is going to be big enough for us before spending money on the heating.

Monday will be the first long run since we bought it, so I'm hoping we'll have a trouble free run down...

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
good luck with it all...
See you around soon at a rally maybe...:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you plan on using sites with h/u why not take a small oil radiator ?

better than no heating at all. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Location and heating

We're heading for Hendra at Newquay, not my choice, but friends are there in static caravans. We'll be there for four days, then heading back to Cannock over the next four days, back here for a week, then who knows:Smile:

First item on the shopping list this morning is an oil fired radiator, as we'll be site based for four days with EHU

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try to go for Lunch at West Pentire, M/H friendly C/Park at The BOWGIE INN One of the best Views in Cornwall over the Bay, road a bit narrow in places, but hey ho!:thumb:

Some of, if not the best, Chips in Cornwall.

The Kings just down the road from Hendra is not too bad either for "Pub Grub"

The Merrymoor at MAWGAN PORTH , Bacon, Mushroom and melted Cheese Baggette:thumb: Also M/H friendly C/Park, Will cost you to Park, but they refund you in the Pub when you order.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoy your first trip in your van its always a learning curve not matter how much you plan, you'll be glad you got your oil filled radiator though. Look forward to your report when you get back.

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Hope the weather improves and all goes well, I did my 'test' at Cannock Chase, close to home in case anything went wrong!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back