DUKEMAN358

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
HAMPSHIRE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Well mainly due to all of the busy weekends in December, we finally managed to have a trip out in the MH. After several 'fully booked' sites we got in to one on the edge of the New Forest. Only about an hour drive but good enought to test the van out.

When we managed to find the entrance it was very potholed and muddy. First problem was the MH service area had no water hose on the drinking water stand.:Sad: Never mind we could practice our cold winter technique and have a container inside:thumb: Then noticed a strong gas smell, oh forgot my adjustable didn't fit so borrowed next doors spanner:thumb:

Right drama over heater on, unpack new tv and screw it to bracket, just as well I left the screwdriver in the van as I thought it was all allen key:RollEyes:

Decided on the Kogan tv/dvd combo as they seem to get good reviews, nice of them to email me to say they have a sale and are a few quid cheaper now:ROFLMAO:

So wrote a long list of stuff to get/do,very wet and messy with mud, need to ensure we camp at less mudy sites with more tarmac. Need some better mats to leave muddy boots on in the entrance, even thought a little tent to keep outside might help, also we did have a white dog but he turned very black being a little low to the ground:cry:

Overall a very pleasant place within 10-15 mins walk to the forest northerly edge and some nice pubs, even saw a very large pig and 2 donkeys:winky: Don't think it was the gluhwein playing tricks.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Glad you enjoyed your first outing
most places tend to have muddy bits this time of year

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Congratulations on your first trip...

I have never forgotten mine...

All the difficulties/problems will be sorted one by one as you take more trips away...
Definitely don't want to gloat in any way but no problem at all with mud here... Our problem is sand ...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we finally managed to have a trip out in the MH.

"The Duke Has Landed". Did you plant a flag ?

One small step for FUN, one giant step for DukeMan,

I carry every just about every tool there is. Be prepared. And two colours of duct tape, glues, epoxy putty.

You never know what you are going to break.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back