Final Choice! Android GPS App: Co-Pilot or Sygic? (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Sorry, didn't make it very clear, in settings in the sygic app you can input not only vehicle dimensions but also maximum speed, very useful when pre planning a route, just wondered if copilot had the same option in entering your user details.... TIA
CoPilot goes many steps forward from that. I have licences for both Sygic Truck and CoPilot Truck. In CoPilot Truck, and I believe the caravan version, you have the ability to set average speeds for every type of road which after some tuning will provide accurate ETA's based on your normal driving habits (be clear this is averages not max). But the key point is you can set road types from strongly avoid through neutral to strongly favour. This enables you to for example force route selection to all motorways and dual carriageways where possible. So it is very sophisticated but needs experimenting to understand the algorithm outcomes. You can get a trial version online which will serve you better than random questions on here.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes with CoPilot caravan version you have the same setting for road preferences and speeds as Michael describes above, using the vehicle size setting works quite well actually, when we were in Germany with friends in a van a bit longer wider and taller than ours I set up a second profile for them and CoPilot wanted to take them a more main road but longer route, they followed us anyway and still have their "bus mirrors" but it would have been less stressful for the passenger the other way (RHD on the continent:D)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KeithWillis

Free Member
Dec 12, 2017
Funster No
There is no such setting on my standard Sygic version. What Sygic are you using? The Sygic Truck version?
It's the free trial, seems to have the lot on truck, caravan etc.. so not clear what you'd get in just the caravan only version, hence my question, must say I like being able to set my maximum speed for journeys, with all the motorways I'm trying to keep top speed in my Hymer to around 70 k .....

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It's the free trial, seems to have the lot on truck, caravan etc.. so not clear what you'd get in just the caravan only version, hence my question, must say I like being able to set my maximum speed for journeys, with all the motorways I'm trying to keep top speed in my Hymer to around 70 k .....
Maybe switch on the cruise control

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back