Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim submitted a new resource:

Filter Off Topic Posts - Stop Off Topic Posts Cluttering up the Recent Posts View

Some people only look at our forum for motorhome related stuff and are not interested in much of the off topic chatter. The best pages in the forum are our Recent Posts and New Posts pages. However, if you want purely motorhome content, then these pages can be frustrating as they are cluttered with jokes and other stuff.

While I like to read this stuff and never like to miss an Old Mo Joke, I appreciate one or two of you don't appreciate it. So I've made it easy for you to ignore...

Broken Link Removed

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks, but unless it is me again, I can only see an option to ignore U shaped lounge, I am OK with that forum, but would really like to ignore Belly Locker

Have I gone to the wrong option? :wondering:

Love these animated smilies though >:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks, but unless it is me again, I can only see an option to ignore U shaped lounge, I am OK with that forum, but would really like to ignore Belly Locker

No Need to ignore posts in the Belly Locker as they don't don't show up in Recent or New posts for anyone. If you want to read the Belly Locker you must visit that forum.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I like the option but Fun for me is all encompassing so I'll ignore the ignore option. :shake:

I'll not be using it either. There will only be a very few that want to filter those pages. Just trying to please all the people all the time :)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Jim

I must admit that I normally like to try and read everything but having been away have too many to read so there are are areas not relevant to me. Can the facility not be extended to any forum by entering the forum we don't want to be in and then carrying out your procedure and then that one won't appear in new posts unless we choose to go into it?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry is it me hijacking the original post by 'talking' to other posters !:(
Will try better!:LOL:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I can see the point as of course everyone is different and for some it's purely an excellent resource . For me the whole forum in all it's facets (except the belly locker) is what helps build up the wonderful community that is motorhome fun, it's how you get to know your fellow funsters . (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I can see the point as of course everyone is different and for some it's purely an excellent resource . For me the whole forum in all it's facets (except the belly locker) is what helps build up the wonderful community that is motorhome fun, it's how you get to know your fellow funsters . (y)

indeed Carol ..

but if you want to read U shape lounge it is still in the forum list..

I prefer an uncluttered front page without the daily wail posts .. when bored I can then read all the other stuff in the U lounge .. it also makes it easier on a small screen, phone , tablet etc

but it's not working or the feature has been removed.. hence asking..

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Has this option been scrubbed or changed @Jim ?

I don't have the 'ignore new posts' option in the drop down menu

would like to remove U shaped lounge posts from front page

Hi Jim

That is an old instruction I should delete it. We made it much better. Go to the forum in question, and at the top click ignore forum, you will then be presented with options to remove it completely, just from news feeds or from New and recent. Give it a go it works a treat.

Still not sure how to do it? Watch the vid, drag through my waffle to the 2m mark and it explains it all. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow, apart from Belly Locker I even read the Mechanical bits............. don't understand them but do read them .. just in the hope that something registers in my own brand of female logis should I ever need the info one day..

Can't do without my daily smile medication.

upload_2016-8-23_17-37-7.jpeg

Reactions: Jim
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
@Jim Impressive video, and actually a bit of an education (to me) as to your impressive commitment to fee speech

Having problems seeing the U shaped lounge atm. Not sure if it is because I have done something stupid or just earned it :) I have tried all you suggest in the video to no avail

I promise to be good :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back