Film on (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
i know many funsters used to use 'filmon' to watch uk tv whilst in Europe. As viewing in now limited to 2 minutes, what other apps are available for free viewing in Europe ?

Regards

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We watch uk tv through " watch uk tv abroad " it costs us £5.99 per month but allows to access i player and other catch up tv , this usefull if the signal is poor and we can watch programmes when we want and the signal better

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not an app as such but we have used a VPN to our home broadband in the UK and then run all the standard UK apps (iPlayer, All4 etc..) as with all streaming needs a good internet, but worked in some places fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It's not only limited to 2 minutes. Beyond that free taster all you have to do is pay the subscription fee to watch the copyright content legally rather than stealing it.

Now how could a 30 grand plus motorhome owner possibly afford to pay a subscription,,,,,,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Not an app as such but we have used a VPN to our home broadband in the UK and then run all the standard UK apps (iPlayer, All4 etc..) as with all streaming needs a good internet, but worked in some places fine.
I've been interested in VPN, but don't know how it works. You say you applied it to your home broadband, do you copy your home internet address, if so how? I like to watch Sky F1 which I pay for, but am not at home for 3 months or more of the year. Don't want to take the Sky card with me, so at least I can record it at home and watch when I return. Not the same though. I don't mind paying Film on for the odd occasion, but don't want a full time subscription. Also, do you pay monthly for the VPN, or is it a free one, some of which seem ad laden. Or is it a once only payment?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I pay a subscription to hotspot shield, no ads and I apply it to my firestick as well, not sure it's needed there though.
I use Mobdro to watch channels through it, I used to pay a subscription to filmon but when I was unable to download films to watch later I unsubscribed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've been interested in VPN, but don't know how it works. You say you applied it to your home broadband, do you copy your home internet address, if so how? I like to watch Sky F1 which I pay for, but am not at home for 3 months or more of the year. Don't want to take the Sky card with me, so at least I can record it at home and watch when I return. Not the same though. I don't mind paying Film on for the odd occasion, but don't want a full time subscription. Also, do you pay monthly for the VPN, or is it a free one, some of which seem ad laden. Or is it a once only payment?
I have setup my home router with a VPN (whether and how you can do this depends on your router). What this allows me to do is when away connect to the internet via whatever means and using that connect to my home network using the VPN. Once connected it is as though I am at home, all my traffic goes via my local internet to the home router and then out to the wide world. So when I run iPLayer or All4 etc.. they see my as being at home, I can also access any system or computer connected to my home network. This is all free no extra charges, it is a feature of the router most have a VPN capability or sorts.

You can pay for a 3rd party VPN, this can also be used to pretend you are in the UK when abroad and usually the iPLayer All4 apps are fine with but they do not really like them so sometimes block them, obviously this does not provide access to your home network. The other popular reason for having the 3rd party paid for VPN is to hide your location when using Mobdro or Kodi, I also use it to allow me to test systems when accessed from different areas of the world. We currently use NordVpn paid upfront for 2 years access (79usd), there are lots available IPVanish, PureVPN etc... most have a free trial.

I do not have Sky but if you have Sky then can you not use SkyGo or something like that, if it does not work abroad then the home VPN or paid for 3rd party may help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back