Filling up with water (1 Viewer)

A

aynishamansbus

Deleted User
Hi everyone... being RV virgins we are making our way down to rural dorset... nr wimbourne and need to fill up with water as we are close by. can anyone tell us whether can fill up at service stations or does anyone know of a site with a service area near the entrance as we are 36ft long... any help would be appreciated..
happy rving
jules & Paul

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Guys

If you're staying on a campsite just fill up when you arrive. If not you can always find a tap & fill in a garage as long as you have a long hosepipe.

By the way what part of Gloucestershire are you from, we live in the Forest of Dean

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi you will always find somewhere to fill, but you may need lots of hose. We use a lot of water (3 women in the RV:RollEyes:) I hate moving the RV once parked up so I have four 20m roll flat hoses and a 50m garden hose along with a BIG bag of every connector you've ever seen. Its common for me to use every foot of hose I have:Eeek: Go and buy some more hose, you can't have too much::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

aynishamansbus

Deleted User
thankyou

Cheers forestboy! we are from Tewkesbury! our Rv is stored just over the border in worcestershire by Malvern,

Hi Guys

If you're staying on a campsite just fill up when you arrive. If not you can always find a tap & fill in a garage as long as you have a long hosepipe.

By the way what part of Gloucestershire are you from, we live in the Forest of Dean

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Terry Dunne runs the Kensington Hotel, 18 Durley Chine Hotel in Bournemouth BH2 5LE - he can take a couple of 40ft'ers on his car park monday to friday (busy hotel at weekends) - he can supply water, electric and toilets but no shower facilities.

Call him on 01202 557434 - or email: info@thekensingtonhotel.com - website: kensington hotel

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi everyone... being RV virgins we are making our way down to rural dorset... nr wimbourne and need to fill up with water as we are close by. can anyone tell us whether can fill up at service stations or does anyone know of a site with a service area near the entrance as we are 36ft long... any help would be appreciated..
happy rving
jules & Paul

Hi go on ebay and buy a stand pipe for £45.00.You will never have a water shortage again.
They are easy to use and there are plenty of hydrants in the uk and europe.
You should have a meter on it so you can pay the waterboard for what you use:ROFLMAO:
I have used stand pipes all my working life (26 years) with out any problems, though make shore you turn off before you unscrew the stand pipe NOT the other way around or you and everyone with in 20 - 30 feet will get very very wet.
Regards Mark:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back